Mobile Home Guide - Posted by Hal

Posted by John SirJohnathon Grounds on June 20, 2001 at 15:24:26:

Hal,

Great idea…assuming you have enough to fill a magazine. I would think you need to be in the ballpark of 100 homes for sale to make it worth while.

I know the average charge price for a page in this type of magazine is $175. You can put 8 homes on a page with plenty of room for descriptions. Based on the sheet rate being for full ad, you should probably get $25 per home per month. That is more economical than a classified ad. If you have 100 homes, that puts you at $2500 per issue. I am not sure about printing costs, but it looks a little skinny. Don’t forget you will also need distribution points.

Here is the name and number of a lady that publishes a homes magazine in my area. She is a super lady, and has been doing it for 30 years. If you call her, she can probably give you an idea of what it will take. Let her know you are calling from outside the area, and feel free to mention my name (John Grounds - Trustcorp)

Let me know if it works out!!

Linda at The Marketplace of Homes Magazine
847-428-2037 (Western suburbs of Chicago)

Hope this helps,

John “SirJohnathon” Grounds
www.jrgholdings.com

Mobile Home Guide - Posted by Hal

Posted by Hal on June 19, 2001 at 22:02:43:

I would like to publish a Manufactured/Mobile Home Sale Guide in my area. Like the ones you see at every gas station for real-estate, except for Manufactured Homes. Does anyone have any idea on where to start? Of course I am primarily interested in what the potential profit margins are versus the effort/investment before getting real deep into the DD.

Thanks in advance.