MOBILE HOME-COMMISSION CHARGE - Posted by DAVE

Posted by JohnBoy on October 24, 1998 at 13:08:51:

Does the owner of the home have a lease for renting space? Is there anything in the lease that say’s anything about the landlord having a right to sell the home should the home owner ever decide to sell? Unless there is anything in writing between the landowner and homeowner, he cannot forse you or the homeowner to pay a commission on the sale of the home.

Are you sure you would want to own a home on this guys land? Sounds like he’s the type that will make it diffacult for you to sell later to someone else unless you plan on moving the home. If you don’t play the landowners game, well, he won’t play along with yours when you want someone else to buy and move in. Application DENIED! Thats the biggest down fall I see with buying MH’s on rented property. You can fall victim to the landlords greed.

I remember one time several years ago I was driving through a MHP to see a MH that was advertised for sale in the paper. After I found the MH, no one was home so I went to the office to speak with the manager about it. Boy did she get hot! She said they aren’t selling anything to anyone before going through her first! She said if they even try selling that without going through her first she won’t approve the person buying it for the lot space! I looked at her and said, really???. Hmmm. I don’t think I would want to buy anything in this park then. If your going to have control over who sells to who regarding their own personal property, I wouldn’t invest a dime into anything in this park! Have a Nice Day!!!

This was before I ever heard about doing Lonnie deals. I was just responding to ad in the paper looking for something cheap at the time. I figured even a MH would be better than renting. At least I would get something back out it. But after seeing how some of these parks control how you sell your MH I figured it wasn’t worth it to get stuck with something I had no control over. Now its a different story depending on whether the park is willing to work WITH you or not.

MOBILE HOME-COMMISSION CHARGE - Posted by DAVE

Posted by DAVE on October 23, 1998 at 08:57:31:

I found a M.H. worth $27000.00. It was originally selling
for $10000.00. The owner said she will have to sell for $13000.00 because the land owner charges $3000.00 commis-
sion, when you sell. I talked to a previous owner that said he charged them $3000.00 commission also. WHAT IS THE COMMISSION FOR?
The land owner hasn’t done anything. He already charges
monthly for- land,trash,cable,snow rem.,water,sewer.
I have an agent friend that can do any paperwork at closing.

Where does it say… - Posted by Soapymac

Posted by Soapymac on October 23, 1998 at 12:20:01:

in any of the paperwork the present owner has…that the land owner has an exclusive right to sell the MH…and is due a commission whether or not the landowner is actively involved in the sale?

Sounds like the wool the landowner is pulling over your eyes is 50% cotton!

As always, I will stand to be corrected…this just sounds like a ripoff.

Soapymac

Re: Where does it say… - Posted by DAVE

Posted by DAVE on October 23, 1998 at 12:46:09:

The land owner doesn’t own anything but the land. The M.H. owner is selling the home. Who in there right mind would sign a paper that says he gets $3000.00 for doing nothing. I thought I missed something.