Mobile Home Brokers - Posted by stampeding

Posted by Reif on August 15, 1999 at 14:52:58:

Now that you’re going to look for MH’s that stay in the parks, ensure you chat with the park managers and let them know what you are doing before you put any money down.

Reif

Mobile Home Brokers - Posted by stampeding

Posted by stampeding on August 13, 1999 at 16:13:00:

If I drive by a MH and see a For Sale sign, but the owner already has a broker to help him selling his MH.

Can I still buy that MH without the broker?

Thanks.

in my market… - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on August 13, 1999 at 17:19:49:

Not until their contract with the agent is up. Useally 60 days.
I also take down the address though and mark it on my calender. Actually I also have a neat little program that pops up the day and what’s going on that day.
For instence today two different MH’s contracts are up.
A quick call to my manager over in the park where they are at confirms that no they haven’t sold. Wow. Guess I’ll drive over there tonight and buy them. I bet these folks have had just about as much as they can stand of their agent. 60 days and they haven’t got the deal down yet.
Anyhow a lot of the “dealers” out here actually get a sign up cost (usally $150.00) for them to list the home at all.
Then they add about $4000.00 to the selling price. Which often times brings that non-financable mobile home to a retail cost of around 11 or 12k.
No wonder they can’t sell it.
Often times in searching for deals I just look for the FSBO (For Sale By Owner) signs and avoid the whole agent thing.
Good luck
Dirk

Amazing… - Posted by Dave_AZ

Posted by Dave_AZ on August 13, 1999 at 20:36:29:

in my area (advertised in paper) the asking price for MHs appears to average around 50k. Can’t understand that at all.

I did see an ad for a 2/1 MH about 30 miles away for 3500. will be going to look at it tomorrow. Hope they don’t want me to move it :slight_smile: Any advise if they do??

Dave

I’m with Adum here - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on August 14, 1999 at 10:37:40:

Hi Dave,
Moving a Mobile Home maybe a pain where you are in AZ, I’m not sure to be honest. I know that in CA it is. When we move a mobile home, we just automaticlly factor in aorund $2500.00 bucks. so since we don’t like to be in the deal more than 4k make, that only leaves us with a buy number of like $1500.00. Not impossible but rare. However when you start buying in the basemnet like that chances are the mobile will need some work, painting, cleaning etc. So now your price is down to $1000.00 or $1200.00.
Sometimes it can happen, sometimes not.
I will tell you something though, I am given per week probably 2 (average) mobile homes that must be moved. Here in S. CA I just dump it to several different Mexican charities that I have lined up. I can get blue book value and take the write off.
We have had a problem with storage sheds left on the lot once the Mobile is moved.
but a simple add has pretty well solved that.
“Mobile Home Storage Sheds $50.00 bucks! You take down”.
Good luck
Dirk

Re: Amazing… - Posted by Adum

Posted by Adum on August 13, 1999 at 21:01:05:

Hi Dave,

Unless it’s a steal, don’t fool with it. Moving a mobile home can get expensive. I would recommend sticking with homes already set up in a park…

Adum

Re: I’m with Adum here - Posted by Dave_AZ

Posted by Dave_AZ on August 15, 1999 at 13:15:04:

After looking at the MH I have to agree with both of you. The MH was trashed. would need new ceiling in one bedroom and kitchen. New carpet. New paneling. Exterior needed new strip siding, new door, a real cleaning. And to top it off, no tires AND they wanted it moved. Decided to pass it up.

but hey, at least I am now off my b*tt and looking at property. :slight_smile:

Dave