MH Park - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Joe C. (AR) on December 27, 2001 at 01:34:40:

I am a MH Park owner upgrading a park. I found the articles by Doug Ottersburg in the Money Making Ideas section very helpful. It’s a 4 part series titled “turning trailer courts into communities”. From there I bought Ernest Tew’s “Get Rich Helping Others” course and Ray Alcorn’s "The Deal Maker’s Guide to MH Parks. Although some of the info is redundant, all had useful advice on buying and/or managing MH Parks. The techniques discussed have made a tremendous difference in the profitability of my park. I recommend them highly. All available on this site.
Just my .02
Joe C.

MH Park - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on December 26, 2001 at 19:57:21:

Hi everyone,

I have been reading posts in this forum for about 6 months and I have really learned quite a bit from you guys. I currently have 3 MH rented, 2 owner financed and 3 rent houses. I have “flipped” a few MH and rent houses but now I have a unique situation.

I was looking to purchase 3 MHs for a Lonnie deal (yes I have the books) but the man who is selling them would also like to sell the whole park. It is a very good financial deal and 18 of 25 spaces are rented. Here is the problem: the park itself was a great place to live 10 years ago but it has gone downhill. The owner manages and maintains the park himself but now he is almost 78 years old. With his declining health the park has suffered but the neighborhoods around the park are still excellent. I need some advice on how to bring the park back to life and get the “riff raff” out of the park. I know that I can’t attract higher clientele (or any clientele for that matter)with the current tenants.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.