MH Park competition - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Dirk Roach on October 13, 1999 at 01:02:04:

You know one of the things that I hate is a deal to go to waste. Wasted opportunity really gets under my skin. I wish I had a couple of guys to flip a couple of the deals to where the yield is only like 60% or so too. LOL!
Seriously, I come across potential deals all the time that for one reason or another (usually it’s just that I am too busy) I pass on, so I call up the other guy who does deals around here and tell him about them. Actually I probably send him more buyers than anything else and vice versa. If he has something in a certain area that I currently don’t then it works great.
We use to pay a finders fee to each other, but this poor hundred dollar bill just kept getting passed back and forth so much that it looked like it was going to fall apart, so we don’t mess with it any more.
It all works out anyhow.
Sounds like you guys are tearing it up.
Dirk

MH Park competition - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Aaron on October 10, 1999 at 23:37:18:

I have yet to do a mobile home deal. I am just in the process of learning what I need to know, reading Lonnie’s books, etc. I was looking at the ads in the paper and saw an ad in there from someone that made it sound like he was a person that did Lonnie deals.

I am in a rural area, with only a small handful of mobile home parks in the near vicinity. My question is, if there is a person already established with the park managers as someone who does Lonnie deals, what am I going to encounter as far as getting myself established in these same parks? Is a manager going to want more then one person doing those deals in his park? How would something such as referrals be handled? I’m sure that would probably be a first come first serve basis, so I would be out of luck on that one. But what would I have to do to convince this manager to let me do my deals here too, as well as someone already established? Or would it possibly be easier, since he would already know the ideas behind what I’m doing?

Any insite at all, from someone who has encountered this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help!

Aaron

Re: MH Park competition - Posted by Karen McCall

Posted by Karen McCall on October 11, 1999 at 18:13:30:

Just be patient and keep doing what Lonnie Says, the deals will come, one day the other Lonnie Dealer will be on vacation, or out to lunch, etc and the park manager will call you, (BTW it doesn’t hurt to be a little extra nice to the manager, i.e. find out what he/she likes and do something for them a long that line, once I found out that a manager collected elephant figurines, and guess what I found cleaning out a mobile that I had bought on the other side of town, I normally would have thrown it out, but I just remembered and took it to her, the other guys had bribed her, flirted with her, everything under the sun, guess who now gets the first call on a mobile coming up in that park). So be alert, you could even stop by the laundry room and chat with some of the parks renters they’ll probably know something that could help you.

Re: MH Park competition - Posted by chris_WA

Posted by chris_WA on October 11, 1999 at 24:03:48:

how many home depot/home base/eagle hardware/ace hardware do you have within a five mile diameter of each other? hmm. well in my town…all. the point is…competition is healthy. Now honestly, on the other hand, do you think that this guy has enough TIME and MONEY to handle ALL the deals in your town??? sounds like you are looking for a reason NOT to start before you even get going! Listen, don’t get me wrong…i am no expert…but i do think that it would be reasonable to assume that you and this other gentleman could build a healthy relationship and work with each other. heck, why not call up the guy and ask him if you can shadow him for a day or two?

Second thought…you are pretty darn lucky. this guy has already “educated” all the park managers around your place. you should have no problem getting in and getting things done. and better…they will know what you are doing and welcome you with open arms…

just a few thoughts…
chris_WA

Re: MH Park competition - Posted by LennWa

Posted by LennWa on October 11, 1999 at 10:04:25:

Shadowing LOl interesting concept Chris.
Think we are shadowing each other in that Mh park a mile from my house. I though I saw you car in the park a few days before you called. Was working on one I have in there now. Btw what you doing 40 miles from home???

Lonnie says, “Go where the deals are!” :wink: (nt) - Posted by chris_WA

Posted by chris_WA on October 11, 1999 at 20:32:36:

nt

Lonnie says, “It only takes 1 or 2 Parks” - Posted by LennWA

Posted by LennWA on October 12, 1999 at 02:32:40:

LOL Chris Lonnie says it only takes 1 or 2 good parks. What about the 20 plus parks in Tacoma area around Ft Lewis and McCord AFB much closer to you, than coming way over here into Federal Way. LOL a mile from my house. We only have 4 parks in Federal Way and 2 of those are Adult.
Hey Chris I got the answer lets both move to Alpine Calif. and Play in Dirks parks.
Just having fun Chris, but you sure got my wife on my case!! #@%$&*