MH market in SoCal?? - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dirk Roach on November 08, 1998 at 11:59:02:

Hi Dan, I live in the SD area, and yes there are a lot of deals out here in which the Lonnie method would work. Quite a few in fact. However, competition is tough, there are several of us out here, and a lot of “dealers” focusing on the bigger double wides and such. How ever if your thinking in terms of the Lonnie deals (single wides) There are a few. It really al depends on the area that you focus on. I myself do not focus on the beach area’s of San Diego, not because there aren’t any deals but, because it’s not my market and I just haven’t taken the time to learn that particular area. I have found that in this market area (as a citywide whole) plan to raise your numbers a bit from those described in Lonnies books, and what others have posted in other areas. It’s the same game just different numbers. Also there are lot of senior parks, (which limit buyer markets).
Also there are a very large number of military personal, which I think is a plus.
Anyhow, whatever you decide to do, you always have the great weather.
Welcome to San Diego,
Dirk Roach

MH market in SoCal?? - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on November 08, 1998 at 07:59:10:

I will be moving to the San Diego area in a couple of months . I was just wondering if anybody can give me a general “feel” for how good/bad the MH market is in this area. Is there a lot of competition, OR is the demand still much greater than the supply (relatively speaking)? Also, how feasible is it, to do business in satellite towns and distant outlying suburbs (in terms of commuting ease)? Thanks for any input.

Dan

L/O opps in San Diego - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on November 09, 1998 at 22:33:44:

Boy is San Diego going to be crowded:)

Sue & I are planning to move there early next year. Since we are focusing on L/Os, any thoughts for this method in the San Diego area?

Thanks

Chuck

Re: MH market in SoCal?? - Posted by hk CA

Posted by hk CA on November 08, 1998 at 14:17:21:

I’ve only been in San Diego a short time and have not looked into the MH market, but Dirk is right in that the numbers are going to be higher than average. That applies to all housing here. The demand for housing is high.

As far as commuting between outlying suburbs; relatively speaking, I think the network of highways and roads here is excellent (for the most part) as compared to other areas of the country I’ve lived (Western Mass., Tampa Bay, Seattle). The major highways are heavily traveled and quite often clogged, but if you plan the time you travel, it’s usually no big deal. Keep in mind, SD is California’s 2nd largest city and it’s the 6th or 7th largest city in the country! Welcome.