MH Dealers License in Florida - Posted by Mike

Posted by Wacahootaman on November 01, 2004 at 07:11:41:

I am deterred by the state requirement to have a place of business that can store MHs with an office. Given the local zoning and real estate prices, you are talking big bucks.

Is there a way to get around that,since you cant deal out of your home?

What are the posibilities to get some small dealer or TP to let you use their address for a monthly fee?

You would have that address for the state, work out of your home, and not having to pay sales tax cause you are a dealer would hopely pay for the monthly fee.

Is this a pipe dream? Would any small dealer accept this offer? Has anyone tried this? Would this be legal?

MH Dealers License in Florida - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on October 31, 2004 at 20:19:18:

Does anybody know if its necessary to have a MH Dealers License in Florida? Are the authorities strict if you only deal in used homes?

Re: MH Dealers License in Florida - Posted by JohnP

Posted by JohnP on November 01, 2004 at 06:23:06:

Mike, yes you need a MH dealers license in FL. I have had PM’s ask me “do you have a dealers license”? You can not buy and sell one MH in FL in the same year with being declared a dealer. If caught DMV says they will not issue a license. I am not trying to scare you. I am just repeating what they told me. I am sure some people are doing it without the license. Look up DMV fl and you will see what is needed.

JohnP

Re: MH Dealers License in Florida - Posted by Ladybug

Posted by Ladybug on November 02, 2004 at 15:26:53:

JohnP, I am a newbie also in South Florida and have been constantly reading/learning about MH investing.
This is a great site ! One concern is the licensing that you seem to be currently researching as well.
Im still confused with the DMV’s explanation of what I need to get a license. I understood about the surety bond and a rented office for business…what I dont understand is why would I need a LOT to display the mobile home. When in fact the MH in these type of transactions arent gonna get moved? Were you told that a big lot is required…too?