Marketing to the recently divorced? - Posted by Ray Richardson

Posted by Sandy FL on December 10, 1998 at 10:32:32:

In my area, the dissolutions of marriage are published
in the daily legal newspaper. Hope this helps.

Sandy

Marketing to the recently divorced? - Posted by Ray Richardson

Posted by Ray Richardson on December 09, 1998 at 13:49:05:

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times on this site that divorce is one source of motivation to sell. Does anyone out there actually market to this unfortunate group, and if so, how? Are divorces filed in county court and does one make a list from there and send them direct mail? This seems like a category of folks that one would have to approach VERY delicately. Just curious…

Here’s another thought- Is there any way of determining which people have recently filed a new forwarding address with the postal service? Sounds tricky, but one could somehow do a cross check with recent properties sold and isolate those people who just moved but DIDN’T sell (and perhaps would very much like to). Just an idea.

-Ray

Re: Marketing to the recently divorced? - Posted by Sandy FL

Posted by Sandy FL on December 10, 1998 at 09:23:45:

I don’t think people who are divorcing are any more delicate than than people in foreclosure… I would just get the addresses, send postcards asking them to call you if they want to sell, and let the chips fall where they may. Good Luck!

Sandy FL

Re: Marketing to the recently divorced? - Posted by raelynn mitchell

Posted by raelynn mitchell on December 09, 1998 at 20:27:41:

I haven’t marketed to recent divorcees, but I HAVE had the opportunity (?) to try to buy a house up for sale due to a divorce. Sometimes people are easily agreeable, but in my instance they were not. If the divorce is bitter, the sellers sometimes are more worried about how to “get” the other spouse any which way they can, and the home sale (or lack of a sale) is one way to cost the party paying the mortgage more money by dragging the sale on.

Only my 2 cents, however. Your fortune may be a LOT different.

raelynn

Re: Marketing to the recently divorced? - Posted by Ray Richardson

Posted by Ray Richardson on December 10, 1998 at 09:29:14:

It’s partly the addresses I was wondering about. Are divorce filings public record at the county courthouse, or do you have to know some attorneys?

-Ray

Not saying it won’t work… - Posted by raelynn mitchell

Posted by raelynn mitchell on December 09, 1998 at 20:29:12:

just that it takes a special person sometimes.

Good luck in your endeavor.

raelynn