Making Strides! - Posted by Claude (Sacramento)

Posted by KevinTX on November 16, 2000 at 02:09:31:

is if you call today, he will make an offer tomorrow. It doesnt say he will meet the seller at the title company tomorrow. His offer can be cash if he has it, conventional financing, “subject to”, lease option, trade for pork bellies, 3 years slave labor, or whatever fits the bill on that particular house. It wont take him long to figure out what type of offer he is going to present the seller.

KevinTX

Making Strides! - Posted by Claude (Sacramento)

Posted by Claude (Sacramento) on November 14, 2000 at 15:05:26:

I don’t have a dynamite success story to post as of yet, but wanted to thank everyone who posts here for your inspiration. I have wanted to call myself a real estate investor for many years but have never felt “worthy” of the title (somewhat bizarre for someone who has managed to buy a few properties). Anyway, because of the people that post on this site I have found the inspiration (courage is probably more appropriate) to get the word out that I am a real estate investor. To those that may ask how did you get the word out? Last week I sent out 100 letters to out of state owners of vacant property letting them know I would like to buy their property. Tomorrow my ad in the local paper kicks off. It reads:
I’ll buy any house. CALL ME TODAY and I’ll make you an offer by tomorrow. XXX-XXXX. I know this may not seem like much to some of you, but for me I’m making strides.

Thanks for reading!

Claude

Re: Making Strides! - Posted by Rick

Posted by Rick on November 15, 2000 at 15:23:01:

Congratulation Claude!

P.S. Still waiting to hear back from you concerning your interest in establishing an REI club in Sacramento. :>)

Re: Making Strides! - Posted by Matt

Posted by Matt on November 15, 2000 at 10:27:06:

Claude,
Congrats on the success. You sound like you are doig great and things keep getter better. I am new to real estate investing and I also belive that this website had helped me incredibly. My quesiton is, how do you finance your properties if someone calls and wants to sell tomorrow? I could probably financed a smaller home, but I just bought a house of my own 1 1/2 yrs ago, so I don’t have a lot of equity yet. And I don’t have a lot of cash on hand to use for a down payment or to support monthly payments on a property while its being sold? Can you help?? Thanks in advance.
Matt

Re: Making Strides! - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on November 14, 2000 at 22:57:53:

Keep after it and good luck Claude.