Major Problem With CATS In Our Park... - Posted by Jack-NY

Posted by JCBell on June 27, 2000 at 01:28:46:

When the whiners started removing cats from our park rats, mice, moles, snakes and chipmonks became the new problems. Racoons began to take over the trash cans and even tore up the upholstery up in one man’s car! REALLY! A cat fight once a week beats a barking or whimpering dog all night-every night. “Fixed cats” is the way to go though because they don’t fight over the women-folk. :slight_smile:

Major Problem With CATS In Our Park… - Posted by Jack-NY

Posted by Jack-NY on June 20, 2000 at 22:41:40:

I have had a number of complaints from tenants/home owners about cats. It appears that the tenants get cats as pets and then let them run wild in the park.

These cats are living under other homes, getting into garbage, into cars, scratching cars, spraying all over the place, fighting, you name it. I have counted at least seven cats at night here in the park.

I have called the local dog control officer, she said that there isnt much that they can do about it, I would have to take this into my own hands. She advised me to try to trap them and take them to the pound.

I have sent letters out to all the tenants advising them to take control of there pets, or they would be caught and transported to the pound. I’m in the process of creating a new rule regarding cats.

The rule would state that any cats that enter the park will have to be fixed and provide paperwork stating that this had been done. I’m thinking about setting up live traps to see if I can catch these critters.

Has anyone had this type of problem in there park? I’m open for all suggestions, as this is a real hassel. Thanks…

Jack.

Re: Major Problem With CATS In Our Park… - Posted by gary deimler

Posted by gary deimler on October 30, 2000 at 11:32:05:

Is there anything that will repell cats from using our
garage for a bathroom,and leaving paw prints on the car?

Better than a major problem of Rats… - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on June 21, 2000 at 11:00:37:

Seriously Jack,
I have to say that in every park that I do buisness in there just are a ton of cats that are out esp. at night. It just seems to go with affordable housing. However you might try the live trap scenerio.
You might get a couple of dogs.
Dirk

Re: Major Problem With CATS In Our Park… - Posted by k Greene

Posted by k Greene on June 21, 2000 at 09:08:16:

Cats breed like rabbits. They can have several litters within a short time. You must trap them one by one . We once had the problem in our neighborhood and we put canned tuna in a trap and bought them to the vet or if they are kittens put them up for adoption. Its a process but do something before it really get out of hand. Good luck