Looking for market information - Can anyone help? - Posted by Rob

Posted by don, sdca on July 05, 2001 at 15:56:47:

Rob,

The local apartment association should have this info or they will know where to get it.

Remember though, “total” market information may include lots of junk, or very high end (or other not-needed data) that could mess you up.

Hope this helps,

don, sdca

Looking for market information - Can anyone help? - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on July 05, 2001 at 14:26:18:

I am trying to get market information regarding multi-family properties in Houston and throughout Texas. Specifically I am trying to find out the total number of multi-family properties and approximate market value of multi-family properties in Houston and throughout Texas. Just to clarify, I am looking for total market information, not comparable properties for a specific piece of property.

Does anyone know where I can find this information?

Thanks for the help!!!

Rob

Re: Looking for market information - Posted by Steve-DC

Posted by Steve-DC on July 06, 2001 at 08:22:15:

Rob,

Try calling the local branch of a large new home/ condo builder…

Ask for their research department or market analyst and see if they have any recent market reports on the area you’re interested in. They are usually done every quarter.

I used to work for a commercial real estate company in NYC and people/students/reporters used to call all the time for market info and we used to give it away. I imagine large residential builders have the same type of department. They do a lot of speculation as to what to build and where. Which, depending on what you want to do, will likely just mean that you should go where they are NOT!

Hope that helps,

Steve

Re: Looking for market information help? - Posted by Ronald * Starr

Posted by Ronald * Starr on July 05, 2001 at 21:46:28:

Rob---------

Get on the internet and find the Department or School of real estate in College Station TX. They have gobs of TX real estate information. Should be a snap to find this site.

Good InvestingRon Starr