Lonnie's concept...different product - Posted by Raollo

Posted by Rick G. on July 16, 2001 at 17:49:56:

I have also heard this mentioned several times. Gonna play devil’s advocate here. I think Lonnie wrote the book concerning mobiles for safety factors. You don’t for the most part have to worry about someone getting up in the middle of the night and driving off with your investment never to be seen again. Although some trailers are that mobile most aren’t. A car is mobile. plus you can find places to hide your car if you are short a payment in hopes of catching up. The same goes for major appliances. I am not saying these are not good ideas. I thought about the car thing myself as well. Just keep in mind more mobile an item the greater chance of not seeing it again.

Lonnie’s concept…different product - Posted by Raollo

Posted by Raollo on July 16, 2001 at 11:58:05:

Has anyone tried using the same concepts from Lonnie’s DOWs but with another industry/product? thanks,

Re: Lonnie’s concept…different product - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 16, 2001 at 12:43:49:

Someone else asked this question recently… the most common would be rent-to-own appliances/furniture, tho there are others that have been successful as well.

In short, anything that can be sold on a contract/note.

Re: Lonnie’s concept…different product - Posted by kenboy

Posted by kenboy on July 16, 2001 at 17:10:48:

I know a guy who got very wealty doing it with older cars he would buy a car for 500 to 1000$ sell it for aroun 3000 to 3500 and get whatever he paid for the car as a down payment and carry the rest if they were a few days late ( whatever the contract stated ) he would pick the car up and make them start all over from square one sometimes selling the same car to the same people 2 or three times I can see the potential but I don’t have the patience or time for this kind of deadbeat