Lock boxes-recommendations? Vendor? - Posted by AnnNC

Posted by dewCO on October 29, 2000 at 20:14:11:

These lock boxes hold the key inside. Not sure what you’re referring to. Once you open the front you have the key to the door.

Lock boxes-recommendations? Vendor? - Posted by AnnNC

Posted by AnnNC on October 28, 2000 at 10:14:07:

Does anyone have any recommendations on use of lock boxes
pros/cons and vendors? I can’t find the kind I was familar with that goes over the doorknob lock and is opened
with a key that looks like an elevator key.
The one at Lowe’s hangs on the door knob, is opened with
a combination key pad, and has the house key inside.

Does anyone use these?
Thanks
Ann

What about security? - Posted by AnnNC

Posted by AnnNC on October 29, 2000 at 01:33:21:

Is one method better than another?
The old style lock box had the elevator -style key, and no access to the house key at all. The door lock was “open”, locked only by the lock box.
Am I missing something?
Any thoughts appreciated.Ann

Re: Lock boxes-recommendations? Vendor? - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on October 28, 2000 at 23:09:36:

Yeah that kind is fine too. Go to a realt estate agent supply store. They’ll probably have both types. You don’t have to be a realtor to buy there.

Re: Lock boxes-recommendations? Vendor? - Posted by Max W. (VA)

Posted by Max W. (VA) on October 28, 2000 at 13:11:26:

I use the SUPRA puchbutton lockbox and they are available from major home improvement superstores (Lowe’s, Home Depot, etc.) There is a wall mounted model and a doorknob mounted model available. They work great and are easier to operate than the dial type locks. They cost about $24.00 and are sold individually.

Re: Lock boxes-recommendations? Vendor? - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on October 28, 2000 at 11:02:45:

Ann,

I use the Shur-loc box I get from Real Estate Supply Depot. The minimum order is 6 of them and the cost is 16.95 each. They use a bicycle combination type lock with a key compartment on the side. The combination is easy to reset and they are easy to use.

Call them at 1-800-727-1915

Good Luck!

WilliamGA