Locating MH Parks - Posted by Michael Reed (NE Georgia)

Posted by roundhouse on February 17, 2009 at 19:23:42:

About 10 AM go to the local Fire Station with coffee and a case of doughnuts and a nice map (call ahead and find out what type and brand map the FD uses)
Make sure they are not asleep,
the firemen will be happy to mark the locations on your map and tell you which parks have stabbings, shootings, domestic beatings etc, and which parks they rarely get called to.

Locating MH Parks - Posted by Michael Reed (NE Georgia)

Posted by Michael Reed (NE Georgia) on January 18, 2009 at 06:04:26:

As opposed to just driving around looking for mobile home parks which is not a problem either, is there an easier way to locate them in my area? A lot of them seem to be tucked away off the main roads. Would the court house be able to tell me where they are located in my county?

Re: Locating MH Parks - Posted by James (Ala)

Posted by James (Ala) on January 18, 2009 at 16:15:51:

Tony is correct (not a big surprise.) I’m heading out of town tomorrow and wanted to ride some bumps while up there. I googled “trailer parks 35802” and got hits for parks all around the county and beyond. While it did bring up supplies stores and other related businesses, that’s not necessarily a bad thing to know in a new area.

In my area, all parks are licensed by the health dept. They have a list that you can go look at/copy.
The workers are in a thankless job (think, new-license-plate-giver-out-er at the DMV.) If you are polite, respectful, and thankful, they will move mountains for you.
Good luck,
James (Ala)

Re: Locating MH Parks - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on January 18, 2009 at 11:18:04:

Try doing a search for mobile home parks and similar wordings (mobile home community etc) on sites like bigbook.com.

They should have a mileage distance from your home for example you could put in 50 miles from you address. This will pull up a lot of parks but not all by any means. You may still be very surprised by how many parks you do find.

Its a good start. Local tax authorities vary on how helpful they are providing this type of information. Some may charge you a fee to get the info. Others may have websites you can search online and even pull up arial views of the parks.

Tony