Locating MH Parks in L.A. - Posted by D Doyle

Posted by Frank on April 24, 2003 at 17:26:51:

Hell, most of the central valley real property prices are arcing up as the coasties are getting pushed farther out to buy, so yeah- it makes finding the classic Lonnie deal pretty hard in much of California.

Locating MH Parks in L.A. - Posted by D Doyle

Posted by D Doyle on April 23, 2003 at 15:52:09:

Esteemed Doc Whisler and friends in L.A.:

Can you please tell me how far East of the Metro Los Angeles ,California area do I Need to go to find parks with mobiles for sale at potential “Lonnie” prices?

Colton ??? Barstow??? TimBukTu??

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Sincerely,

D Doyle

Re: Locating MH Parks in L.A. - Posted by Ernest Tew

Posted by Ernest Tew on April 27, 2003 at 20:25:34:

When you think of ‘Lonnie deals’ just keep the concept in mind–buy low for cash and sell for more with seller financing and easy terms. Don’t get hung up on the numbers.

A mobile home that sells for $10,000 in Alabama might sell for $30,000 in California.

Between TimBucWun and TimBucTu… - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on April 23, 2003 at 18:30:36:

…some folks call it the Inland Empire. San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties work for me if they work for you.

Better to look for deals on private lots rather than in parks in California. We are said to have 5,500 parks but I believe there are few good Lonnie deals and too much work to make a buck unless you’re a cowboy.

Regards, doc

Interesting… - Posted by Bryan-SactoCA

Posted by Bryan-SactoCA on April 23, 2003 at 19:33:32:

Why do you believe there are few good Lonnie Deals in California? Do you just mean the coast (where I would agree with you) or the entire state?