local number or toll-free? - Posted by in_FL

Posted by Rich Hyams on May 14, 2004 at 09:01:11:

I have two different area code phone numbers on my cell. I have bandit signs with one number for Broward county and more signs with a different number for Brevard county. To me, it seems pretty obvious that the local number would work better…but I don’t have any experience with a toll free number to be able to say that with certainty.

local number or toll-free? - Posted by in_FL

Posted by in_FL on May 13, 2004 at 17:02:37:

I have a toll free number for some of the fliers I have but I am considering switching it to local number… does anyone notice any difference with response ratio while having both numbers? better or worse?

thank you

Re: local number or toll-free? - Posted by DE

Posted by DE on May 14, 2004 at 06:51:42:

From my surfing of REI sites over the months I have seen that most believe that a local number brings better response.

The toll free number gives you a more “national” image. Most sellers looking at your advertising believe a local number means a local person who knows their area well and can help them on a more personal basis.

Re: local number or toll-free? - Posted by walter suman

Posted by walter suman on July 11, 2004 at 10:23:40:

Looking for local investors to work with. What they are looking for ect. ( McHenry county ) for starters. A list would be nice…wally