loan process - Posted by Laura

Posted by IB (NJ) on July 16, 2001 at 12:04:22:

I just reviewed the old email I received from the author. He only advoated that the I rent out the houses I rehab to maximize the tax benefit instead of selling them. He did not state or imply that ‘flipping’ was illegal.

loan process - Posted by Laura

Posted by Laura on July 13, 2001 at 20:39:01:

Hi all. Can anyone please recommend a website or book (other than this site) explaining the loan process when purchasing and selling a house? I have a great opportunity to learn from a mortgage broker in his office (he is involved with a high volume of creative real estate deals), but before I get started, I’d like to read up. Happy investing and thanks in advance.

Re: loan process - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on July 14, 2001 at 22:05:35:

Two books:

Essentials of Real Estate Finance

Essentials of Real Estate Investment

both by David Sirota

Don’t waste your time emailing the author (can be done on Amazon.com). He’ll try and talk you out of ‘flipping’ real estate. He erroneously claimed that it was illegal.

The books were good though.

Re: loan process - Posted by Kiersten

Posted by Kiersten on July 14, 2001 at 06:00:13:

When I decided to quit my “punch the clock” job to be a commissioned mortgage broker, I went to the book store and there were many many books on mortgages and the business. I have since passed them on but you shouldn’t have any trouble finding many options. And I do strongly recommend it! Just learning the lingo (CLTV, 2/28, front end and back end, margin, LP, DO, premium pricing, etc.) is half the battle in this business! I felt much better knowing most of this on my first day!