LLC's in North Carolina - Posted by Bill

Posted by Ernest Tew on June 20, 2001 at 05:01:41:

Ordinarilly, you would not need both a corporation and an LLC. Either one is suitable for dealing with the public. An LLC tends to give you all the advantages of a corporation without the disadvantages.

I am not familiar with the laws in North Carolina but I doubt that you would be required to have a lawer to set up an LLC.

There is an excellent LLC form on the computer disk that is included with my book, “How To Protect Your Assets.” If you would like to have a copy of the form, please send me an e-mail and I’ll forward it to you. I suggest that people use it to prepare their own LLC and then have it reviewed by an attorney. With much less cost, you can have an LLC with your own input, mine and that of your attorney.

LLC’s in North Carolina - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on June 15, 2001 at 08:49:10:

I am thinking of setting up an LLC in North Carolina, and I have some questions:

• What is the minimum annual tax or fee for NC LLC’s?
  • Do you need a lawyer to set one up?
  • Is it optimal to combine an LLC for Lonnie Deals with a corporation for long-term investments?

Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Re: LLC’s in North Carolina - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on June 18, 2001 at 09:34:16:

Bill, A quick call to your state Attorney General’s office will answer these questions. The number is 919-716-6400 and their web site is at http://www.jus.state.nc.us/cuframe.htm
All the best, Lyal