LeGrand vs. Bronchick vs. Shemin - Posted by M Norwood

Posted by Gerald-DC on June 28, 2001 at 16:39:40:

I concur with Carey,

LeGrand’s courses are very expensive and in some cases his materials are outdated. The one thing I like about his courses is that they are on CD-rom. His Wholesale/resale course is very good and reflects his strongest area of expertise. His For Sale By Owner course, in my opionion, is not very impressive. Bronchick’s Alternative Real Estate Financing is a far better choice.

With respect to lease options, I think LeGrand’s course is pretty good but I have heard from posters on this board that LeGrand personally does not do L/O anymore. Did bothers me to some extent but most of the folks who I have discussed this with all not particular bothered.

If I had to pick courses again, I would follow Carey’s suggestions.

LeGrand vs. Bronchick vs. Shemin - Posted by M Norwood

Posted by M Norwood on June 26, 2001 at 20:58:10:

I know that the more you learn, the more you earn, but I’m wondering if I should purchase all three of LeGrand’s modules: 1)FSBO, 2)Wholesale/Retail, & 3) Lease/Options? It’s pretty steep in terms of cost ($1000+), but if the information is “worth it”, I’m willing to purchase. Should I consider other options like Bronchick’s or Shemin’s–I’ve heard nothing but good things about both. I’m really interested in all 3 of the aforementioned angles & need help in ascertaining which course(es) are best for a fledgling investor.
Thanks,
Michael

Re: LeGrand vs. Bronchick vs. Shemin - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on June 28, 2001 at 09:43:20:

Well I don’t know this Shemin person but why not buy:

1. Bronchick’s L/O course

2. Cook’s Flipping Course

3. Bronchick’s Alternate Financing course

I believe all 3 of the above would be less than Ron’s Total package. And I have Rons’ stuff and to be honest, I like STeve’s course and Bronchick’s courses better (I don’t have #3 though)

Or why don’t you start with one course and when you make some cash from teh techniques buy another course then when you make some money buy another course, etc.

Good luck,

CAREY

Re: LeGrand vs. Bronchick vs. Shemin - Posted by Cathryn

Posted by Cathryn on June 27, 2001 at 21:03:58:

Why not try Shemin’s book first? I have it “Secrets of a Millionaire Real Estate Investor” (I believe that’s the title, it’s out in the car at the moment). Go to a bookstore like Barnes and Noble where they’ll let you browse through a book before buying it, and take a look . If you like it, buy it.

Re: LeGrand vs. Bronchick vs. Shemin? - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on June 27, 2001 at 09:00:44:

Michael. Have you actually purchaced any property yet? If not, you may be putting the cart before the horse! As a fledgling investor, your time (and money) may be better spent reading all the postings on this site and others and asking questions and reading all the “How To” articles several times. Also, go to your local REIA meetings and talk to people who are already seasoned investors and consider seriously their advice. Then do a few and consider some courses after you know better what areas of R.E. in which you are the most interested.

Re: LeGrand vs. Bronchick vs. Shemin - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on June 26, 2001 at 22:55:24:

I don’t know the third party you speak of so I cannot comment to that.

For asset protection Bronchick cannot be beat, bar none!

His tapes will take you from the basics to the advanced. You HAVE to know what the doc’s are and the asset protection side of the business. And Bronchick has saved my rear, and put a lot of money into it, several times over.

My thoughts?
Get the Alternative program with his L/O program.
Then try the Nuts and Bolts program.

Do a few deals with that then try LeGrand. To Keep Learning and IMPLEMENT the Ideas is the best University there is.

I don’t have Steve Cooks or Alex’s Program but I here they are excellent as well. I think I will try Alex after my next deal from what I have read.

Then Steve’s.

Then… who know’s

PS
I listened to the Get The Deed Tapes and they have made me add a few GREAT ideas to my program as well. You can’t beat Charlie for motivation.