LeGrand faxes me an invoice? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Al on July 12, 2001 at 20:46:20:

Yes, some of their marketing techniques seem to be a bit agressive and some seem unique, but his marketing course also reflects that. It certainly gets some responses, even if they are not all good. Their situation, I hear may be some what pressured by a suite by a former top employee, Dan Pena.

LeGrand faxes me an invoice? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on July 09, 2001 at 15:36:46:

Anyone ever get a fax from Ron LeGrands SDI Wealth Inst. marked in bold letters “INVOICE” on one side and “2nd Notice” on the other side? This for his mentor newsletter.

Fax Number is: 904-421-4803. No regular voice number is anywhere on the fax so I can speak to someone. I guessed that their main number would be 904-421-4800 so I called.

I talked to someone there and they said I took a free 3 month subscription 7 YEARS AGO! They said it was just a marketing fax and to just ignore it.

Anyone care to comment on this kind of BS marketing?

Thanks,

Mike

I may be wrong, but… - Posted by Douglas

Posted by Douglas on July 10, 2001 at 12:38:08:

I may be wrong, but it seems to me a lot of this questionable marketing, etc, started when Ron sold his company to ’ marketers.’ He made a bundle and now they want to do the same.

Re: LeGrand faxes me an invoice? - Posted by Gerald-DC

Posted by Gerald-DC on July 10, 2001 at 11:33:52:

Within one month of purchasing all three of his courses in Atlanta this past March, I recieved a phone call from LeGrand’s people trying to get me sign up a bootcamp.

It seems a bit overbearing to pluck down $1200 bucks adn before you have even made a dime they are trying to get you to spend thousands more.

Then when I heard that LeGrand no longer does Lease/options anymore, I called the organization to find out how he can continue to sell a lease/option course when he no longer believes in the concept. Well, you guessed it, they tried to sell me more courses and get me to attend a boot camp.

While I did learn a lot from his wholesale and lease option courses (The FSBO course was not very useful), I think his marketing should be toned down. But then agian, maybe his marketing reflects Ron’s own personality.

Re: LeGrand faxes me an invoice? - Posted by MoniqueUSA

Posted by MoniqueUSA on July 09, 2001 at 17:12:27:

Got one too. It’s an advertisement, not a bill.

MoniqueUSA

Re: LeGrand faxes me an invoice? - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on July 09, 2001 at 16:33:37:

I got one too, Mike.

It’s just another marketing ploy. I’ve always seen Ron as a pushy-type salesperson anyway.

Scott

Re: LeGrand faxes me an invoice? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on July 10, 2001 at 12:52:29:

The FSBO module… is the the one on how to buy deals , Subject to the existing financing… You dint get anything out of it?

Reading the Book The Real Estate Money Machine and then then listening to Ron’s FSBO Course are the to biggest factors to me making money in the RE Game…

He took info from the 80’s and made it plausible in the 90’s… in an easy to understand format.

David Alexander

Re: LeGrand faxes me an invoice? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on July 09, 2001 at 19:11:52:

I know its an advertisement but there may be people out there who don’t know or don’t have a clue. When my assistant handed me the “invoice” “2nd notice” I thought for split second “did I order this?”

Why would they make it look like an invoice and say 2nd NOTICE? Why don’t they have a call back number? Why doesn’t it say advertisement?

As far as I’m concerned its BS and chicken s**t. It tells me all I need to know about the way they do business.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: LeGrand faxes me an invoice? - Posted by William bronchick

Posted by William bronchick on July 09, 2001 at 18:32:39:

If the company is faxing what appears to be an invoice, they are violating state and federal fair debt collection practices and consumer protection laws. I sincerely hope they are not that stupid!

Re: LeGrand’s FSBO - Posted by Gerald-DC

Posted by Gerald-DC on July 10, 2001 at 13:13:06:

Compared to the Wholesale and the L/O module, I think the FSBO was lacking. I have picked up other materials such as Bronchicks’ Alternative Real Estate which I feel is a superior product in learning about subject to transactions.

I am glad you found the FSBO course useful. I did pick up a few things from it and I do intend to review it again from time to time.

They apparently are… - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on July 10, 2001 at 01:17:46:

Bill,
Just before I moved here to Florida I also got a fax like this. I knew that I had not ordered anything like this from him so I trashed it.
But, at the very top of the page was the word “INVOICE”, in big bold letters.
It did look like a bill that was past due. I am sure this was the intent.
Thankfully, I have moved out of state, and my phone numbers have changed, so I think I’ll not get any more of them. (I hope, they were annoying. I hated getting unsolicited faxes from anyone.)

You should see some of the trash they send out to try and get people to sign up for bootcamps and other things.
His marketing borders on the rediculous.
I am still somewhat of a fan of Legrand, and am grateful for the things I learned in his courses, they made me money, but I never wanted to goto a bootcamp or sign up for any more of his “Teachings” or newsletters. I even told his telemarketers this, and requested to be removed from their list. They apparently did not do that, because this was over 2 years ago, and things still come in the mail from SDI all the time.

Maybe someone should tell them this is illegal?

Have a great day,
Jim FL

Re: LeGrand faxes me an invoice? - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on July 09, 2001 at 19:07:15:

Sounds like a SCAM to me… You would think he makes enough hawking his courses for $599 a POP!!!

Relentless… - Posted by MatthewC

Posted by MatthewC on July 10, 2001 at 23:39:19:

SDI is fairly relentless in their marketing. I don’t regret most of the purchases I have made because I have learned a lot and it has definitely gotten me deals. However, SDI as a company, leaves a lot to be desired.

They have killed lots of trees sending me things. They send so much junk and attention getters that I just ignore it now. It just becomes the same old pitch repackaged.

They act so desperate to sign people up, I can’t help but wonder about their situation.