Lease/option, should I stop gambling ? - Posted by David Hasselberg

Posted by GregNY on January 20, 2002 at 21:50:03:

Maybe thats why the score is 547.

Put that $50,000 to better use.
I think my credit is more important than a house on a golf course.

But, who am I?

GregNY

Lease/option, should I stop gambling ? - Posted by David Hasselberg

Posted by David Hasselberg on January 20, 2002 at 05:30:40:

I just lease/optioned a home on a two year deal . I wanted to clean my credit up before I bought the home (my score is 547 ) I put $50,000 down because it was a home on a golf course 3300sq ft and got it for the county’s accessed value $299,000. It appraised at $375,000 . I’am getting a little nervous because i started thinking about what if I get hurt or lose my job (BOEING) ? I been told that I should be able to get 9% ? Can I get some insurance that a bank would loan on if I was to get disabled ? Or should I just suck it up and pay the 9% instead of 7% interest and stop gambling .Thanks for the advice Dave

Re: Lease/option, should I stop gambling ? - Posted by David Hasselberg

Posted by David Hasselberg on January 21, 2002 at 03:01:04:

Scores 547 because i lost everything I owned in the 1995 Boeing strike and my credit . I put $50,000 down because this was a home I decided to live in permantly , sorry I did not sort that part out.

Re: Lease/option, should I stop gambling ? - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on January 20, 2002 at 08:46:17:

If you have $50,000 of your money on the hook I would definitely lock up now at the 9% interest rate rather than down the road hoping you can get 7%. By the time that you clean up your credit to the point you can get a lower rate, the rates at that time may not be at 7%. They may be higher. Plus you will have secured your financing to excercise your option.

If in the future after your credit is better you see a lower rate you could always refinance at the lower rate.

How come you put up $50,000 on one lease option deal. Golf course or no golf course. I can take your $50,000 and use it as down payments on 10 houses. You’re tieing up too much of your money on the one deal.

Re: Lease/option, should I stop gambling ? - Posted by GregNorman

Posted by GregNorman on January 21, 2002 at 11:24:09:

David,

The other reason you’ll want to buy: What if the owner loses his job and decides to use your rent to pay for mortgage on his home and not the home you live in?

That $50k would be going down the tubes!

When I first started lease purchasing homes, I had more problems w/ owners than I did with tenant/buyers!

Lock it up… and next time don’t put that much money down!

GregNorman