Lease option question - Posted by Robert

Posted by db on January 04, 2006 at 10:16:42:

Robert,

There’s no explaining, you hit it right on the head. It is extremely difficult (in my experience) to find a homeowner who will sell on a lease option, especially if the home is their primary/only residence. They need money out of their home to purchase a new one or rent and in many cases they are fed up with the house and want to completely wash their hands of it, they don’t want to be associated with it in any way. Your best bet is to find a tired landlord who is willing and able to sell this way, or, if the seller is motivated enough, negotiate a substantial discount and buy outright. But, like anything else, it can be done. That being said, SELLING on a lease option is much easier. Your list of potential buyers increases greatly.

db

Lease option question - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on January 04, 2006 at 02:37:23:

Hi,

I have just started reading up on lease options. The question I have is once you find the motivated seller and get him to agree to terms of renting out his house to the tenant/buyer you find. What doest he motivated seller get out of it? Since he still is going to have the mortgage under his belt. Wont that make it more difficult for him to get financed for a new property? Also he’s going to have to wait however xxx many years before he gets cashed out buy the tenant/buyer. Could someone explain this to me.

Thanks…Robert