lady bug infestation - Posted by Jennifer(NH)

Posted by Laure on October 31, 1998 at 03:34:35:

If you like the home, make an offer contingent on a pest inspection that determines the source, damage, etc. of the lady bugs.

lady bug infestation - Posted by Jennifer(NH)

Posted by Jennifer(NH) on October 30, 1998 at 09:37:01:

I looked at this foreclosure and on the outside of one side of the house there were tons of lady bugs swarming they were literally glued to that one side of the house. I couldn’t figure out what was attracting them. It was a sunny warm day, and that side of wall was dry. I know lady bugs feed on bugs, but can’t find out what kind and the interior of the house has no evidence of pest infestation.

Any thoughts?

Jennifer

For anyone that might be interested… - Posted by Jennifer(NH)

Posted by Jennifer(NH) on October 30, 1998 at 13:57:47:

in learning about lady bug infestations should check out this link.

www.cahe.wsu.edu/~wwmg/library/inse001/inse001.htm

Re: lady bug infestation - Posted by John P (Bos)

Posted by John P (Bos) on October 30, 1998 at 11:02:10:

Jennifer, I read in the Boston Globe that this area has been swarmed with lady bugs. Apparently, they come from Asia and are attracted to the color white. Is the house white?

JohnP

Re: lady bug infestation - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on October 30, 1998 at 09:58:42:

Jennifer(NH)

I once stopped buy to look at a vacant house. My son was with me and we walked through knee high grass to peer through the windows. As we walked away I noticed my pants legs were covered with millions of black spots. FLEAS! My son was wearing shorts and they brushed off his legs to some degree. They would just jump to a different spot if you tried to brush them off the pants leg. I had to stop at the nearest Quik-Stop to buy some Raid.(didn’t have flea spray).

Gather up all those ladybugs, I know where there is dinner for them.

Re: lady bug infestation - Posted by Jennifer

Posted by Jennifer on October 30, 1998 at 11:30:23:

That’s interesting…The house is actually a very pale yellow almost white now from the sun fading it.

So can I say that a flea ridden white house will attract swarms of lady bugs :slight_smile:

Jennifer

Re: lady bug infestation - Posted by Jennifer(NH)

Posted by Jennifer(NH) on October 30, 1998 at 11:27:43:

Ugh…Fleas…yuck…You’re making me scratch my ankles.