John T. Reed Vs. Ron Legrand - Posted by Nick Patel

Posted by Charity on December 24, 2000 at 20:53:17:

I’ve read much of John T. Reed’s site, and I actually found the opposite to be true. I feel Mr. Reed’s materials are elementary, more out of date and not realistic with today’s market. REI requires innovative techniques, and it seems Mr. Reed bashes most of these techniques even though they are legal and ethical. I have not read his book mainly because I don’t feel it would be a good use of my money.

That being said, I have all 3 of LeGrand’s courses. I find all of them to be in depth, easy to understand and best of all, they work. You can give 20 to 30 examples of anything, but I want to know which ones will make me money. I believe LeGrand does just that. Is he inexpensive? No. Does he have to be? No. But is it worth it to every person I have encountered who has his courses or has attended one of his bootcamps? Absolutely. Furthermore, I tend to want to study from someone who is actively doing this business each and everyday and knows TODAY’S market. From what I understand, this is not the case with Mr. Reed. At lease that is what I have seen in numerous posts on this board…

Charity

John T. Reed Vs. Ron Legrand - Posted by Nick Patel

Posted by Nick Patel on December 24, 2000 at 19:13:23:

Hello everyone;

Hi, first of all, I just want to say that I am not trying
to pick a fight with anyone.

I am just going to state my personal opinion and other
people can state their opinion, and let’s all keep it
professional ok?

My cousin bought Ron Legrands quick flipping course, and
I bought John T. Reed’s book on how to buy real estate for
20% below market value.

After examining both programs, I concluded that Mr.
Legrand’s quick flip course was not worth the money, but
John T. Reed’s book certainly was worth the money.

As a matter of fact, I think that John T. Reed’s book
should sell for $400 and Ron Legrands course should sell
for $29.95.

My main criticism with Mr. Legrand is that his course is
way too elementary, and Reed gives 20 to 30 methods of
actually buying real estate below market value. Also,
Legrand only focuses on finding properties by looking for
vacant or run down houses, while Reed gives more methods a
person can work with.

So, what do you guys think? (I know Reed is not popular
on this website, but let’s just give this guy his fair
due ok?).

Re: John T. Reed Vs. Ron Legrand - Posted by will

Posted by will on December 25, 2000 at 01:47:59:

in my personal experience they are both good .
i am a legrand student and i made good money applying his stuff . the junkers will work exactly as he teaches . the FSBO and L.O. might need tailoring to your local market conditions .
on the other hand reed is the only one i know to bluntly tell you about the dark face of r.e.
knowing the pitfalls is just as important as the process .

my advice to you : courage and tenacity are more important than technique .use what you have now and later on start learning other things .

Re: John T. Reed Vs. Ron Legrand - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on December 24, 2000 at 23:39:40:

Nick-

I liked Reed’s book myself. However, I got tired of his guru bashing. It gets old because the gurus he rates have materials in competition with his(bias) or he does not understand what a guru offers but he bashes it anyways(confused mind says NO!).

-Chris