i've made 35 offers since august 1st....HELP!!! - Posted by chris hobel

Posted by Lee on August 06, 1999 at 23:21:51:

Also, search “new listings” in the afternoons… after todays new listings are being compiled for “tomorows hot sheet”. If you get tomorows listings today and act on that information (contact your buyers & go make YOUR offers), you may double your income.

Lee

i’ve made 35 offers since august 1st…HELP!!! - Posted by chris hobel

Posted by chris hobel on August 05, 1999 at 11:58:51:

Hi everyone,

As i’ve said, ihave made 35 offers since 8/1 and all my offers have been rejected flat-no counter offers-some of the realtors i deal with are thinking of not doing busniess
with me-they claim my offers are ridiculous! i’ve been offering 75-85% of the sales price on distressed homes
requiring 5-15k in rehab. the market here in NY is fast.
Most sellers are getting exactly what they want for their
properties, regardless of all cash offers vs a buyer that’s getting a mortgage. i want to make my profit going into the property not when i sell it.

I am cash poor, but have a list of buyers for rehabs that will pay all cash.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? HELP!!!

Re: i’ve made 35 offers since august 1st…HELP!!! - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on August 05, 1999 at 16:13:11:

Being a Realtor, I can tell you that most people who list their homes with a Realtor are not really distressed/motivated unless it is a bank owned property.

Listen to Bill B. and Joe K. find sellers that do not have their homes listed. Foreclosures, probates, tax sales, divorce, abandonned houses, tired landlords, title problems, run down, etc.

Stop making offers . . . - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on August 05, 1999 at 14:26:37:

. . . and start making money.

The concept of “making an offer” is a very poor one at best. You eliminate all possiblity of putting your skills into action and instead you suffer the ineptness of your realtor of the day.

Why approach things that way?

The far far better approach is to figure out who the motivated sellers are and go pay them a visit. In as little as twenty minutes you’re likely to make a deal and a new acquaintence.

Real estate agents, in most cases, are best used for selling.

Joe

Re: i’ve made 35 offers since august 1st…HELP!!! - Posted by Steven

Posted by Steven on August 05, 1999 at 13:46:31:

the correct address is…

www.realestatesuccess.com/articles.htm

An offer a day keeps the blues away! - Posted by Steven

Posted by Steven on August 05, 1999 at 13:10:09:

Go to Scott Brittons web site a www.realestatesuccuss.com and read his artical “an offer a day keeps the blues away”. Its just what you need to hear and learn. He will tell you how to get 2 in 10 offers exepted and stop those agents from getting on your case.

steven

Re: i’ve made 35 offers since august 1st…HELP!!! - Posted by Bronchick

Posted by Bronchick on August 05, 1999 at 12:39:26:

This is why dealing with agents as a beginner is a recipe for frustration and despair. In 9 years, I have one two deals through an agent.

Try dealing with sellers directly through the paper and direct mail lists.

NOT TRUE - Posted by Darin

Posted by Darin on August 05, 1999 at 20:10:40:

Why would someone sell there home. Yes the majority are conventional listings, but once you have the skill to find the properties that are listed who are motivated you can find ones to write on.

Re: An offer a day keeps the blues away! - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on August 05, 1999 at 13:36:42:

Went to the site (after spelling it correctly). Couldn’t find any articles. What am I missing?

BG

Re: NOT TRUE - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on August 05, 1999 at 20:59:13:

There are deals to be found with the MLS and Realtors, don’t get me wrong. The last property I bought was through a Realtor.

However, I have found that the majority of motivated sellers are found in non-conventional ways. My local MLS allows a word search for things like “handyman special”, “foreclosure”, and things like that. So I make sure to search their database everyday.

Scott’s “AN OFFER A DAY” - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on August 06, 1999 at 23:03:43:

Hi Bert,

Try “http.www.realestatesuccess.com/articles/2.htm

Lee

Re: An offer a day keeps the blues away! - Posted by Warren

Posted by Warren on August 06, 1999 at 02:53:07:

I am using this same technique, however I know that I should not depend on one technique to find properties that meet my investment criteria. I am using this technique because it is not very time consuming and will allow me time to call ads, drive neighborhoods and all of the other ones that I’m sure you can find on this site or a book from the library.

I have to tell you trying to find all of your deals from one source has only lead to frustration for me.

Make your offers through the Realtors and get on with the other ways for finding the deals.

That’s my fifty cents!!

sorry, try this - Posted by steven

Posted by steven on August 05, 1999 at 13:44:36:

www.realestatesuccess.com/articles.htm

Re: NOT TRUE - Posted by Darin

Posted by Darin on August 06, 1999 at 07:37:09:

I have mls access in my home and office. One thing I do is check new listings and price change every morning. The good deals you have to move fast. in the past 6 months, I have gotton 2 bought. But, there were competing offers on both, though on both one I offered $700 more and got it accepted, the other I just begged and fought.

The other thing I constantly do is search square footage vs price. The average price per sf in my area is consistantly $100per sf. So I will put in search criteria of example, 1,100+ sf and a price of 70k-90k and so on. You know when these pop up, they are usually fixer uppers, or very motivated, or some serious problems.

The other way as mentioned, is by searching key words. investors take note, splittable, re locating…

The next thing is getting the commission knocked down. For those who are realtors can roll there protion, but for those who are not need to go directly to listing agent and try to get the buy side commission dropped or rolled into the deal. The chances are you will not get less than 2 - 3 % that has to be paid at closing no matter what the terms.