It's Been a Smelly Month! - Posted by BR2

Posted by JoeKaiser on July 11, 2001 at 14:21:44:

. . . the smell goes away in about six months.

It’s Been a Smelly Month! - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on July 11, 2001 at 09:52:37:

About 2 weeks ago I had a smelly refrigerator in a rental unit which is a lot better thanks to this site. Now, I think I have a dead animal somewhere in my home! The smell started last night and it’s getting worse. I think it’s a dead animal because I’ve been hearing scratching in the wall (during the day) for about a month. The last time I heard scratching was Sunday. I live in a heavily treed area with lots of squirrels, rabbits, possums, etc. it could be either one.

Any ideas, or am I stuck with this smell?

Here’s a story for you… - Posted by Michelle(NEB)

Posted by Michelle(NEB) on July 11, 2001 at 16:16:15:

I just went to see a mobile home this morning. It was a very nice, almost new mobile home but the woman who owned it had walked away from it, leaving her five (5!) dogs and three cats in the home. To make a gruesome story short, when the Park Manager finally went to collect her overdue lot rent, the animals had died of hunger after being loose and unattended in the home for quite some time judging by the amount of fecal material on the carpet. The temps out here in the last couple of weeks have been in the 90’s…so it was a pretty nasty scene. I just wonder what people are THINKING when they do something like that. At the very least, set the animals free or give them to the humane society. Well, sorry to ramble on…just thought I would share.