is this too good to be true? - Posted by Dan Feather

Posted by Douglas McDowell on June 08, 2001 at 16:21:45:

I agree, Paul, with the small exception that I also do want to hear about the failures. I believe you can often learn more from ‘failure’ than from success.
Of course investment in any form has its risks.
However, as you pointed out, it’s great when someone shows how to correct the problem, and/or avoid it in the future.

is this too good to be true? - Posted by Dan Feather

Posted by Dan Feather on May 27, 2001 at 12:04:52:

I certainly believe that there is money to be made in mobile homes. However, I have become skeptical because all i read is success stories, and how great things are working out for people. From your experience, what approximate percentage of your deals end up in foreclosure? Tell me a horror story and how you handled it. This is the kind of info that is most important in my opinion. I am a newbie and appreciate any info you could pass on.

Thanks to all,
Dan

Re: is this too good to be true? - Posted by Quinton (IN)

Posted by Quinton (IN) on June 13, 2001 at 11:02:52:

Hehehe Check out my first “deal”!

http://www.creonline.com/mobilehomes/wwwboard4/messages/6931.html

Quinton

Re: is this too good to be true? - Posted by Paul_Pa

Posted by Paul_Pa on May 29, 2001 at 13:39:03:

Dan, I am also a “newbie” who is considering the mobile home (Lonnie Deal) business. If you read ALL the posts on this site you will find plenty of deals that have gone bad. Usually the person doing the deal will post a question on this site asking how to handle the problem. The experienced dealers on this site will then post the response, which is how the rest of us learn. As for only posting “success stories,” I can only say nobody wants to read about failures. Just research the posts on this site and you will find advice on how to handle deals that get tough. You can also search the archives for additional information. Learn before you leap.

Hope this helps

Paul_Pa