Is this confusing or OK? - Posted by George

Posted by Ronald * Starr on June 25, 2001 at 01:39:49:

JT-IN--------------

Thanks for the encouragement.

Yes, sharp mind and rounded budda-belly. What a combination.

I suppose one could push this a little bit more.

Hmmm. I Buy Houses but my phone number is I By Houses. I need a you in here – give me a call.

Can I By Houses if I don’t have U in here? No. Call me.

Call me at I BY HOUSES and put U in.

Something like that anyway. Gets people to remember not to dial the “8” = “tuv”.

Good Investing and Good Posting**********Ron Starr***********

Is this confusing or OK? - Posted by George

Posted by George on June 24, 2001 at 15:31:20:

I need a phone number for my bandit signs. I can get:

429-HOUSE

429 is the local prefix. Obviously HOUSE is a little too long, but what I’m wondering is do people get confused when they look at a number like this?.. thinking that it’s 8 digits and not 7? I think I’ve seen rather big businesses using numbers like this … what do you think of 429-HOUSE ?

Re: Is this confusing or OK? - Posted by Ronald * Starr

Posted by Ronald * Starr on June 24, 2001 at 16:19:26:

George------

I say go for it. I have a toll-free number I give to potential renters and potential sellers. It has an extra letter on the end. I see no problem with it.

You did notice that 429 can be puched in by pushing I BY? “I BY HOUSES.” Why not? Well, at least you might want to think about it. Check to see what happens when you punch in I BUY HOU in your area.

Good Investing*******Ron Starr********

Yeah, but don’t you think… - Posted by George

Posted by George on June 25, 2001 at 24:17:00:

Thanks for the replies. Don’t you think most people would remember/dial BUY when they got to a phone, get the wrong number, and then give up?

Ron * strikes again ! - Posted by JT - In

Posted by JT - In on June 25, 2001 at 24:10:32:

Ron:

Rather studious and observant again! You catch all these nuances, like 429 = I BY (Houses). I could have read this post a hundred times and never caught that.
Sharp, that’s all I got to say. Sharp, again!

Keep up the excellent contribution to this site. I read all your stuff.

JT - IN

Re: Yeah, but don’t you think… - Posted by Ronald * Starr

Posted by Ronald * Starr on June 25, 2001 at 01:50:25:

George---------------

Note my suggestion that you call that number and see what you get. If it is a working number, give them you number and ask them to refer on callers to you.

Also, see the post that I did to JT-IN. I think there is the possibility of using the “mispelling” to your advantage.

I need “U” to make this number complete: I B.Y HOUSES – call me.
Good Investing and Good Telephone-AnsweringRon Starr****