Investor Idea of the Mid-Week - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Carey_PA on July 11, 2001 at 09:50:40:

I’ve been telling SueC for a while now that I need a marketing plan and I need to START MARKETING!!!

Thanks again, I’m going to put it into effect ASAP!

Thanks again.

CAREY

Investor Idea of the Mid-Week - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on July 11, 2001 at 07:17:39:

Hi All,

I came accross a really neat idea and said, “Why not share it now?” Instead of waiting til the regular day of the Investor Idead Of The Week(IIOTW).

The topic is marketing. Now if you are going to market it is best to have a marketing plan. Jay Conrad Levison has a great “seven Sentence” marketing plan in his book “Guerrilla Marketing”. So here it is (in my words):

If you are going to market you need a plan. There is no need to make a huge 100 page marketing plan. The best plan is a short and simple one, one that only answers seven questions. Belowe are the seven sentences that should make up your marketing plan.

1)What is the purpose of your marketing?
2)How will your marketing purpose be achieved?
3)Define your target audience.
4)Describe the types of marketing vehicles you will use.
5)Describe your niche.
6)Identity who you are. Your business personality.
7)What percent of your gross sales will go for marketing?

Answer these seven questions and thsi should be the only marketing plan you need. Also, make sure that you track where you get your leads and also which types of marketing land you the most deals. You want the most bang for your buck.

Now I will share my marketing plan with you all:

Purpose of Marketing

The purpose of Express Home Buyers inc. is to build a consistent influx of people needing to sell their homes quickly and below market.

How Will Your Marketing Purpose be Achieved

This will be achieved by stressing our ability to purchase homes in a matter of days, pay cash and handle all the paperwork, without a commission.

Define Target Audience

We are targeting motivated sellers of low to middle income housing, in Rockford, that need to sell quickly. They may be motivated by any of the following reasons: Divorce, Foreclosure, Unemployment, Death, Health Problems, Moving, Bad Tenants, Back Taxes, Code Violations, and Houses in Disrepair.

Describe Types of Marketing Vehicles

Marketing vehicles to be used will be an newspaper ad in the Register Star run everyday, a small box ad in the Thrifty Nickel to run 8 months out of the year, to place bandit signs up in my target area, to place flyers on the door of homes in my target area, yellow pages ad , direct mail to foreclosures, out of town owners, and tax deed prospects and have a website.

Describe Niche

Offer homeowners the option of selling their property quickly, for cash, without a commission and regardless of condition or location.

Identity- Who we are

Express Home Buyers, INC. will come across as a friendly, honest, knowledgeable, thorough and professional company as evident by us carefully listening to the customer and providing the best solution for their situation.

Percent of Gross Sales for Marketing

5% of our gross sales will be used for marketing.

I hope this helps. Finally, this post in itself is another way to help you win in business. Most people expect me to do my IIOTW on Sunday. I am giving you more than you expect this week with two IIOTW. Bottom line, give your customers more than they expect.

Take Care,
Tim Jensen

Tim, Thanks!! Helps Alot!!! (nt) - Posted by Sherry Wilson

Posted by Sherry Wilson on July 11, 2001 at 12:08:45:

nt