Investment Property - Posted by Chris Trout

Posted by Sue on July 09, 2001 at 13:32:18:

Chris, There are several ways depending on your situation. First, talk to the sellers and find out what their needs are. Volunteer as little information as possible about your situation at this meeting. Then sit down and figure out if you have assets you are willing to pledge, like an equity mortgage on your primary residence. Talk to a bank regarding terms for such a property. Perhaps the seller will hold part or all of the mortgage. Before you make any commitments, be sure you are well read on buying and managing a building like this. Good Luck, Sue

Investment Property - Posted by Chris Trout

Posted by Chris Trout on July 07, 2001 at 10:48:57:

Within the past few weeks a rental property around the corner from my current house went up for sale. They are asking $190k for the property. My wife and I thought it would be a good investment opportunity becuase of the location to us and we also know the neighborhood already. Unfortunately we do not have the spendable cash needed for a traditional down payment to purchase this property. Could you give me some techniques that I may use to approach the seller?

Thanks,
Chris Trout