Information madness - Posted by Alex

Posted by $Cash$ (NV) on October 05, 2002 at 09:53:43:

Alex,

Glad to meet you.

I refer to your state of mind as ‘Information Overload’ which is not uncommon when you want to start real estate investing but do not know where to start.

If I were traveling as much as you, think about making contacts with the various people you run into. Ask them or tell them you are interested in real estate investing if they hear of a property that the owner needs help in selling to give you a call.

You then could network with investors wherever you travel charging a finders fee for your services (you do consulting now) by providing them with the details of the property. As you become familiar with the process of buying and selling properties, which I am sure the investors you contact will provide you with if you ask, then you can determine if and when you would want to start on your own.

John $Cash$ Locke

Information madness - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on October 05, 2002 at 09:11:09:

Hi all,

I’ve been reading a lot on real estate investing and money making deals. First I feel there is too much information enough for digestion.

Second, I’d like to ask the fellow investors their advice (not mentoring). The case is I’m a consultant engineer with a little investment cash available.

The problem I am facing is that I travel constantly and that doesn’t give me the stability for the buy/sell process or other opps.

How could I benefit from this much traveling? (All over the US) and the real estate investment opportunities available? I can say I’m very fortunate to have a job different to many friends, of course that doesn’t change the fact that working for somebody else might never take me as far as I want to go.

I greatly appreciate your comments and thoughts!

Regards!