Incorporating online? Pros, cons... - Posted by Tom PA

Posted by raelynn mitchell on November 05, 1998 at 09:09:26:

you just HAVE to read “How to Be Sure you Get Sued” by Bill Bronchick. It will definitely enlighten you about what NOT to do with your corporation once you get it filed.

Also, if you want to do research on approaches, you can call 702-486-2880 and ask the Nevada Secretary of State about their faxback phone number that lists registered agents. They don’t endorse any of them, but I found that just by calling Nevada, then calling the registered agents and requesting faxes with info from several, I learned quite a bit. Just getting an idea of what other services are out there can give you a little more insight as well.

But Mr. Bronchick’s prices are very reasonable, so since he specializes in real estate and is an investor, he has a lot to offer for his prices.

Just my .02 worth.

raelynn

Incorporating online? Pros, cons… - Posted by Tom PA

Posted by Tom PA on November 04, 1998 at 20:22:23:

I am looking to set up a corporation and I contemplating doing it online. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the quickest, safest, and most cost-efficient ways to incorporate? Any pitfalls to be wary of? Thank you.

Re: Incorporating online? Pros, cons… - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on November 06, 1998 at 13:03:37:

I incorported with www.mycorporation.com. It cost me $100, and I have everthing I need. The people there worked with me over the phone (818 880 4511) and… I’m happy (However, now… since I’m in Tax Land (California), I have to cough up another $7-800 for state fees… other states are far more reasonable, I’m told).

Bill

Re: Incorporating online? Pros, cons… - Posted by Kevin(OK)

Posted by Kevin(OK) on November 05, 1998 at 09:50:33:

I would suggest you go to a lawyer your first time. I payed $450 to have to have a lawyer set up my first corp., and it was money well spent, here is why. There are certain bylaws specific to your state that must be followed, or your corporation will provide you with very little or no protection.

Now, I just copy these bylaws, then I apply to the Secretary of State for a corporation (costs me $50). The lawyers gave me the address for a company that supplies the binders, printed stock certificates and the Corp. Seal (the cheapest kit is $35, and the most expensive kit is $55).

Two ways to protect your personal assets by incorporating are: follow the bylaws to the letter, and never obtain a loan for the corp. that you secured with your credit and your signature (the corp. must do it on its own).

Hope this helps.

Kevin(OK)

Re: Incorporating online? Pros, cons… - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on November 04, 1998 at 21:46:15:

I am not in favor of online incorporating as what you will end up with is a boilerplate approach that may not be perfectly suited to your needs. Having said that I would learn everything online then contact someone like Bill Bronchick and explain your specific concerns and see how cheap it would be to modify an otherwise good template…

Thanks,

karp

Re: Incorporating online? Pros, cons… - Posted by roger

Posted by roger on November 04, 1998 at 21:38:02:

I don’t know if I’d do it ALL online, but somehow I got turned on to Amerilawyer (think it’s amerilawyer.com) @ 800-734-9900— basic “C” for $99–by the time you get thru messing with all it–so sub “S”–and couple of other things, cost me $300 bucks. LIkeit because for $90/year once your’re a client, you have unlimited telephone support, only one question at a time, but if you can catch them in right mood, they will do more than one. Shortcoming…they only are licensed in Fla and another state (NY?)) Bronchik also can INC you, I’d recommend him…I’ve bought his courses, good e-mail support, etc. He’s a couple more bucks more, but he IS a real estate attorney. My people are general practice-30 years, but the Sr. Partner does a LOT of RE and corp law. Check with them or Bronchick.