I'm young and hungry and need some advice!!! - Posted by todd tripp

Posted by J. CA on July 16, 2001 at 16:16:48:

For more adcopy ideas read: http://www.creonline.com/mm-54.html

Another cheap method is ads on bulletin boards in stores (i.e. grocery). You could even call RE agents and ask them to refer sellers who they don’t want to deal with (no equity). And you’ll refer sellers you don’t want to deal with (unmotivated), might as well make those unmotivated sellers good for something :wink:

Other cheap advertising methods, although not quite as cheap as the one already mentioned include: flyers, doorhangers, business cards, postcards, classified in the freebie papers, birddogs. Try putting out the word to every person you meet that you pay for referrals.

I’m young and hungry and need some advice!!! - Posted by todd tripp

Posted by todd tripp on July 15, 2001 at 23:44:01:

I am just starting out using lease optioning as my vehicle. I would really appreciate any advice on inexpensive, surefire ways to attract the illusive “motivated seller.” Also, I am on a tight budget and would like to purchase some used materials. Please let me know if you have any you would like to sell.

Thanks for your time,

Todd

Re: I’m young and hungry and need some advice!!! - Posted by Katherine (Hawaii)

Posted by Katherine (Hawaii) on July 16, 2001 at 03:46:23:

I’ve found a lot of books at local book sales/book fairs and I bought a box of a dozen+ books for $20-30. Awesome bargain prices! It was called “Friends of the Library” book sale. Also, you can find used or cheap business/motivational/real estate materials at online auctions like yahoo auctions/ebay, etc. Also, check out free articles online on different websites and attend free seminars from real estate companies in your area about foreclosure, mortgages, etc. Also, join local real estate clubs if there are any in your area. You can sit in and learn a lot from other people with more experience. Or better yet, find your own live mentor in your area like me. I was fortunate to bump into one RE investor while I was checking out one of his property which was sold in 2 days. We talked and he agreed to teach me.

Library works for me!! - Posted by Amanda

Posted by Amanda on July 16, 2001 at 24:11:54:

I love to fill my mind with knowledge and I found that the library has quite a few books on real estate or just books on wealth in general. What ever you need. I have 3 libraries that are within 15-20 minutes distance though. Hope this helps.

Ebay is great too.

Amanda

Re: I’m young and hungry and need some advice!!! - Posted by todd tripp

Posted by todd tripp on July 16, 2001 at 11:48:50:

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for the suggestions! Funny that you responded because I am from Hawaii as well, now living in L.A. Ive been here for about three years. I am from Hawaii Kai side, and you? What method do you specialize in? (flips, L/O, assignments, etc.) The market seems to be pretty tough here because prices are going through the roof. I know I will do great once I get a system down. Any suggestions on inexpensive advertising for sellers?

Much mahalos,

Todd

Re: Library works for me!! - Posted by todd tripp

Posted by todd tripp on July 16, 2001 at 11:40:14:

Amanda thanks for the tip!

Todd

Cheap ads - Posted by J. CA

Posted by J. CA on July 16, 2001 at 12:39:40:

In LA it hardly rains right? Select a brief ad that you like, for example:

Sell Your House Today
CASH or TERMS
xxx-xxxx

Print these ‘signs’ on your printer. Then go staple or tape them to poles at every intersection in your target neighborhood.

I don’t think it gets much cheaper than that!

Re: Cheap ads - Posted by todd tripp

Posted by todd tripp on July 16, 2001 at 15:53:17:

Thanks…I am working on them as we speak. Any others?