Ideas on marketing to military bases - Posted by chris-atl

Posted by Gary (VA) on December 14, 2003 at 19:19:10:

Forget newspaper advertisements. I stopped using them years ago. All they do is generate way to many low quality applicants.

Locate the Base Housing Office. This is the outfit that manages military housing (if the base has any). On most bases there is not enough on-Base housing to go around. They will usually accept listings from outside.

Also, most bases now support a thriving population of contractors. Target them in your marketing. Prepare a small flyer or 3 X 5 card and deliver to the contractor offices. Ask them to post on their local bulletin board.

While you’re at it, place the same flyer in the larger buildings on the Base. Also place one in the local credit union.

In this way you have covered the military, civilian and contractor employees. In my market this will usually yield a limited number of high quality applicants.

Ideas on marketing to military bases - Posted by chris-atl

Posted by chris-atl on December 14, 2003 at 17:57:30:

I’d like to start marketing to my local air force base, but their paper does not accept outside advertisements. Does anyone have any ideas on how to market to that base?