I CONTACTED THE NAR............... - Posted by dave

Posted by Jack on November 13, 2006 at 10:24:39:

They should be sued for that.

I CONTACTED THE NAR… - Posted by dave

Posted by dave on November 08, 2006 at 10:12:47:

I sent the following e-mail to NAR:
I am a real estate investor and mortgage originator here in New York City. I am not interested in obtaining a real estate license but
want to have access to the MLS so that I could improve my business. I am
willing
to pay the subscription fee. Is there any way it is possible?

This is the reply they just sent me:
Thank you for contacting InfoCentral

Pursuant to your email, you may only have access to those MLSs to which
you pay dues. You should contact each MLS in which you are interested
in joining.

Does that mean that as long I pay the dues I can have access to the MLS without a real estate license?

Re: I CONTACTED THE NAR… - Posted by JeanM

Posted by JeanM on November 08, 2006 at 11:36:42:

Dave:
Yes, you can subscribe to MLS even without a real estate license. The fee is about $100 or more higher than a realtor who is a member of a National Board or County Board in their state. You should call the MLS provided in your state and inquire.

Jean

Re: I CONTACTED THE NAR… - Posted by Pete CA

Posted by Pete CA on November 14, 2006 at 06:18:57:

I am in CA and you can buy MLS access w/o a license. It’s about 25% more expensive but still good for deals.

INCORRECT … - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on November 12, 2006 at 01:01:01:

Atleast in my state this is incorrect. Which state are you in that you can just pay for MLS access? It’s hard to believe.

You cannot join an MLS unless you are a licensed salesperson/broker and a Realtor.

Appraisers, Lawyers, Mortgage people, butchers, bakers, candlestick makers, etc … cannot get access.

RL

Re: INCORRECT … - Posted by LeasePurchase

Posted by LeasePurchase on November 12, 2006 at 21:03:47:

Out of curiosity I called my local board on Friday. There was one price for Licensed Individuals and one more horrendous price for Non-Licensed.

Re: INCORRECT … - Posted by JeanM

Posted by JeanM on November 12, 2006 at 08:15:15:

I’m in Maryland/VA/DC area. Another investor in the Baltiomore area also has access to MLS and he is not a realtor.