I Buy Houses Sign On My Boat - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on July 12, 2001 at 18:13:04:

Hi David,

Heck did we have fun at that last convention or what. LOL. Remember the shots. I can still see you doing those karate kicks at about 2 AM in the lobby after the bar closed.

I Buy Houses Sign On My Boat - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on July 12, 2001 at 10:14:36:

Just sitting around looking out at the water at my boat and saying, hey why don’t I have a I Buy Houses sign on the sides of my pontoon boat. So looks like I’ll have to make arrangements today to get a couple of signs.

What type of signs do I need that will not get ruined by the weather. Would a magnetic sign stay on the sides. And where would I get these signs made.

Thanks to all responses.

You may flirting with a Tax Deduction… - Posted by JT - IN

Posted by JT - IN on July 12, 2001 at 20:55:21:

for this boat, using it as an advertising vehicle.

Let’s see Mr IRS agent, “I only deducted the gas, license and registration and slip rental, and maybe some depreciation, but I’m not sure about that one, as I have been too busy lately working all these leads that my new boat signs have been bring in”. LOL

Phil, I think this is how the “Big Business Tycoons” do it.

JT - IN

Re: I Buy Houses Sign On My Boat - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on July 12, 2001 at 11:04:40:

Hey Phil,
Life is good I see.

As for magnetic signs they won’t stick to your boat because it is more than likely aluminum.

What you could do is call David at (Bandit Signs) and have him cut out the viynl letters for you. Then have him stick them on a differnt color back ground viynl.

This way when you get it, just peel the backing off the backgroung viynl and stick the whole thing on the boat yourself it would be more or less permanent unless you decided to peel them off which you would have to do when you traded it in for that yacht.

If you want it to be removable just use the coroplast material and tie it on with zip ties. Just make it so it fits in some pannel on the side so it looks good.

Happy boating!

Mark

Re: I Buy Houses Sign On My Boat - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on July 12, 2001 at 13:36:34:

Heyyyy Mark,

No yachts for this boy. I’d have to pay Alexander way too much money for a I Buy Houses sign of that size for the yacht. I’ll stick to a smaller sign to put on the pontoon boat.

But you are right, the sides are aluminum so the magnetic sign won’t work. I think your suggestion about calling Bandit Signs is the idea I’m running with.

Thanks.

Wouldn’t the make them . . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on July 12, 2001 at 19:07:19:

. . . pirate signs?

Joe

You know you’d… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on July 12, 2001 at 16:47:39:

get all the money back out of me at the next convention in BEER… and Good food… Then again… what’s the old saying… BEER IS GOOD FOOD!

David Alexander

Re: I Buy Houses Sign On My Boat - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on July 12, 2001 at 15:43:31:

Hey Phil,

I had another thought. You could have a nice flag or banner made that says we buy houses. That way when you are crusing accross the Lake you will have that flag waving behind you, I bet that would draw some attention. The beer in your hand may ruin some of your credibility but I think you may get a lead or two from it.

Don’t give up on that Yacht yet though Phil. I think I figured out how you can get it and write it off, no matter what David charges you for a sign.

I live on a lake also and my neighbor is a photographer. So She put the name of her company on her Boat and occasionally does shoots out on the water or uses it for transportation to some of her shoots. Hence a Tax deduction for owning a boat.

So if you advertise your company on the boat and check out a few properties on the lake, or entertain potential sellers, there is your Deduction.

When your ready I can get you a good deal on one Wholesale . Just give me enough time to put my “we buy boat signs” out.

Mark

LOL nt. - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on July 13, 2001 at 08:13:13:

nt.

LOL; nt - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on July 12, 2001 at 19:30:18:

nt