1206 Kanawha Blvd.
Charleston,West Virgina 25301
Phone Number: (304) 340-5500
Fax Number :(304) 340-5550
Colections: (304) 340-5520

How to Report to Credit Agencies? - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on July 18, 2002 at 12:39:38:

Hi,

I need info as to how to report a tenant who has broken the lease, left the place in a mess and has damaged the property. I want to report this to the Credit Agencies. Can anyone guide me with this. I am also taking them to the small claims court.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Re: How to Report to Credit Agencies? - Posted by Mary

Posted by Mary on July 18, 2002 at 20:03:06:

If you take the tenant to court and if you get a judgment against him, the judgment will “magically” appear on his credit record. Reporting his bad behavior and property damage will only be possible if his next landlord checks with you for a reference.

Re: How to Report to Credit Agencies? - Posted by cingular1

Posted by cingular1 on July 18, 2002 at 15:21:58:

Hey Jeff,

I’m not sure what part of the country you’re in, but I use a service in Woodstock, GA called Landlord to Landlord that report credit to Equifax(the big agency here) regardless of how many properties you have. They are charge a one time set up fee of $40.00 and then you only pay when you use the service. They are VERY economical and they even report good payment, which helps when you want to get a l/o tenant cashed as soon as possible.

Hope this helps!

Re: How to Report to Credit Agencies? - Posted by Bruce Lawson

Posted by Bruce Lawson on July 18, 2002 at 13:36:18:

Hi Jeff,

File a judgment with the court and that will follow them to the grave, judgments do not go away easily especially for people like your describing.

You have to have somewhere around 100 properties and actively reciving rents to report to the reporting company’s, your best and most effective approach would be file a judgment against that person.

Sincerely,

Bruce Lawson

Re: How to Report to Credit Agencies? - Posted by Mark-WV

Posted by Mark-WV on July 18, 2002 at 17:09:53:

bruce I report to the credit agency with 9 rentals and have since I started with 1.
It cost $125 to join and $4.50 for each credit pull and no charge to send a good report.

Re: Mark(WV) Who do U use??? - Posted by BIGDADDY(MD)

Posted by BIGDADDY(MD) on July 18, 2002 at 18:28:42:

Mark,
Who do you use and how can we get in touch with them?