How to approach tenants... - Posted by John

Posted by Dee-Texas on July 17, 2001 at 07:12:18:

They might welcome you as a new landlord. You never know, Don’t borrow trouble. Take one day at a time. Sounds like the tenants might have a problem with the OLD landlord.
One of the main things is…Does the deal make YOU money…or NEXT!
Good luck,
Dee-Texas

How to approach tenants… - Posted by John

Posted by John on July 16, 2001 at 08:50:07:

that are leasing a property that’s been put up for sale? Tenants are under eviction because contract has come to term but are still paying rent (here in Italy it’s the only way to avoid getting the eviction process in high gear - because it usually takes 2-4 yrs to get kicked out UNLESS one stops paying rent - in which case could be 6 mo 1 yr) Reason is I want to see if it might be possible for them to stay on, but given the situation I’m not sure they’d be willing to talk to me. Any pointers?

John

Re: How to approach tenants… - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on July 16, 2001 at 08:55:25:

I’m not clear in what you are asking. Are YOU buying the property? If you haven’t bought the property yet, then you weren’t the one to evict them. Your the good guy that’s trying to work out a way for them to stay.
Give some more info.
Dee-Texas

Re: How to approach tenants… - Posted by John

Posted by John on July 16, 2001 at 13:56:39:

Yes I’d be the one buying it. The problem is that apparently the tenants aren’t too helpful at this time. I’ll be seeing an adjacent apartment with a similar floorplan, but (of course) I don’t know what the condition of the one listed is. I wanted to try doing this also as a way of checking out the situation regards the property and “feeling” exactly how upset the tenants are or might become (aka destructive). I know of a tenant who set fire to the place (not this one) and skipped…

John

Re: How to approach tenants… - Posted by John

Posted by John on July 16, 2001 at 13:55:45:

Yes I’d be the one buying it. The problem is that apparently the tenants aren’t too helpful at this time. I’ll be seeing an adjacent apartment with a similar floorplan, but (of course) I don’t know what the condition of the one listed is. I wanted to try doing this also as a way of checking out the situation regards the property and “feeling” exactly how upset the tenants are or might become (aka destructive). I know of a tenant who set fire to the place and skipped…

John