How to appeal to a woman? - Posted by Dean

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on June 04, 2002 at 15:39:10:

My wife looks at big garage, big yard, tool sheds, storage facilities, pantry space, and a large master bedroom.

I look for, will one of the rooms be big enough for an office and does it have enough power for all the computers & office equipment; and where will cable and telephone come in at on the walls.

Every buyer will have their own set of features they want in a home. Let the buyers determine what they want to do to a place when they get there. One person might see a nice office, and another might see a playroom for the kids; and another will see another darn room that needs to be vaccummed.

But of course you know this…

How to appeal to a woman? - Posted by Dean

Posted by Dean on June 03, 2002 at 16:26:00:

Could I please get your suggestions for wording a for sale by owner ad to appeal to a woman buyer? What catches her eye about a property she is looking to buy? Location? Upgrades? Views? Convenience?
Thank you.

Article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer - Posted by Debo

Posted by Debo on June 04, 2002 at 11:05:31:

An Article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer talked about what women looked for when renting apartments, the same may apply to houses.
It talked about comfort, built in bookshelves, warmth, wood floors, etc.
Good Luck

Old Spice and a FAT wallet. nt - Posted by The Donald

Posted by The Donald on June 04, 2002 at 01:30:13:

LOL

Re: How to appeal to a woman? - Posted by Julie_TX

Posted by Julie_TX on June 03, 2002 at 19:25:49:

I would just want to caution you against going overboard along these lines - you’ll turn some women off if you come on too strong. One investor advertised a house with “plenty of kitchen space to make the wife happy” or some such… ticked me off big-time. :wink: I’ve seen a lot of bad ads in my time that point up the wrong features too … just be careful.

I honestly think low payments are one of the biggest things you can point up for EITHER sex - it’s really the bottom line a lot of the time. Cleanliness is a nice feature too. :wink: Cheap, clean, a pool man built like a greek god… er, wait, sorry, Sandy influenced me on that one… what else… I can tell you what I want. I want a place that feels warm and inviting and comfortable. I don’t want cute, I don’t want country, I don’t want someone advertising safety or security to me. I like charm, I don’t like domestication. :wink: Fine line there and it’s just different for everyone - Sandy’s right, there’s a HUGE range of opinions.

HEY! Here’s a thought. Since Sandy’s right and there’s a HUGE range of opinions, you CAN’T appeal to everyone. So don’t state specifics - let peoples’ imagination fill in the details! You want them to come see for themselves - so advertise the fundamental qualities (ie inviting, clean, cozy, spacious, whatever) and let THEM imagine their perfect house? Everyone WANTS to like your house - don’t give a reason NOT to like it just from the ad. Don’t lie, but you don’t have to be specific either. :slight_smile:

Don’t know if it helps, but. :slight_smile:

-Julie

Re: How to appeal to a woman? - Posted by SandyFL

Posted by SandyFL on June 03, 2002 at 17:11:40:

Well the words that would attract me would be “take me now, please!” hahahaha Of course I am referring to the house.

Sorry just couldn’t help myself. I will be anxiously looking at the replies you get, though.

Um lessee… Free? Live in-cook?

You know, I really don’t know. I think many women are looking for many different features just like male buyers. Just play up the property’s best features… and when you get a female respondent,… listen! That’s not something they’re likely to have happen all the time. You will win rapport with her.

Incidentally - why are you trying to get a female to buy your house? (Hope it’s not like I saw on Montel last week)…

SandyFL

Re: Article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on June 04, 2002 at 15:19:40:

This article is somewhat flawed, I think.

I like comfort.
I like built-in bookshelves.
I like warmth (especially in the winter)
I like wood floors.

But I am not a woman!

Then again, my wife also likes those things. So who knows.

NT

Re: How to appeal to a woman? - Posted by Gerry (WA)

Posted by Gerry (WA) on June 03, 2002 at 19:03:12:

Sandy, those are words I love to hear! Of course, I am also referring to a house.

But if women said it in a house that was saying it I am not sure which one I would take. If would have to depend on the offer.

Gerry (WA)