How Many Realtors to use. - Posted by Luis

Posted by Mark on November 03, 2000 at 24:50:19:

I have worked with two great realtors that both were investors. The first worked with single family homes and the second with apartments. I would recommend highly that you work with realtors that invest themselves. If they are successful, they know a good deal from a bad one. They understand what makes a good deal. They have contacts for contractors, management companies, etc. They can be terrific mentors.
Good Luck
Mark

How Many Realtors to use. - Posted by Luis

Posted by Luis on November 02, 2000 at 15:45:19:

When i purchased my house all the realtors told me that they would only work with me if I would commit to only using them. They said that since everything comes from MLS there is no need for two people to look at the same listings.

But now as an investor is it wise to use multiple realtors? The realtor i am friendly with is also an investor which may be a good or a bad thing. Should i stay only with her? Additionally what do i do when I am the one who found a property of interest?

Re: How Many Realtors to use. - Posted by Tom

Posted by Tom on November 02, 2000 at 17:34:15:

My answer comes from the agents point of veiw. If you find an agent you like, work with that agent. They may work harder if they know you’re not running around with every agent in town. Having said that, don’t, do not, never sign yourself up for any long term agency,(they will tell you that you have to) just don’t do it. You can have an understanding with the agent that if he/she brings you a property you will work with them, if you find the property and it’s listed you can still work with them at no cost to you. (However, if you find a listed property that they haven’t shown you, your agent may not be working very hard.) If they are not bringing you properties, FIRE THEM!

On the other hand, If you are not able to buy property don’t waste the agents time.

I would not work with an agent that is an active investor, you’re going to get the leftovers.

Re: How Many Realtors to use. - Posted by johnPA

Posted by johnPA on November 02, 2000 at 17:22:22:

Luis,

I am a Realtor/Investor currenty working with 2 full time investors & I’ve never had an issue with either of them about the properties I’ve bought. One investor looks in the North suburbs and the other concentrates in the South…I personally invest in both. There are plenty of deals out there and in good faith I would never pursue a home that they were interesed in. If your current agent isn’t snatching up all the good deals AND she provides you with EXCEPTIONAL service, you may consider sticking with her. Good Luck to you!