How do you guys handle postage? - Posted by Charity

Posted by osirus on December 14, 2000 at 24:32:31:

I don’t think the Pizza man is going to have the kind of motivation to look for homes for you. Do you think?

There is some truth to that initially. In fact, the most delivery drivers will probally view this finders fee as BS. But some will take you up on your offer! Those that do will certainly tell his or her fellow drivers that you paid them alot of money for just a name and adress. In addittion, you use the greed factor with the owner slash manager. Offer a total finders fee of $500. Allot $100 to owner/manager as a kickback and $400 to driver. That way there is a finacial incentive for the owner slash manger to encourage his or her drivers to pass out flyers and look for houses.

On the other hand, what he might do is pass out flyers for you while he is dropping of
the pizza.

Of course! That was the oringinal topic of this post.

The next question would be, “how many stops does one person make per day?”

Interesting question. That depends alot on many different factors such as: the amount of business the store, weather, time of day the driver works, the Superbowl, length of shift and so on.

Don’t be so focused number of deliveries the driver makes. Remember you leverage your efforts amongst all pizza shops within a given area.

However, If you choose to implement this within your marketing campaign; be sure you find find out the who the primary customers are in any given delivery area.

For example, some pizza places in Orlando, Fl almost deliver exclusively tourist areas and hotels. Your flyer efforts would be wasted on out of towners.

NOw if this works well you can also expand the idea to include those weekly paper delivery boys. Why not have them drop your flyer next to the paper. Give him 20 bucks and a box of ice cream.

Sure why not!

How do you guys handle postage? - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on December 09, 2000 at 16:27:23:

I am about to start mailing 200-300 postcards and letters per week. I was wondering if there is an easier or cheaper way to do this. This week, I had to buy 200 $.20 stamps. Do you go to the post office all the time for stamps, do bulk mail, use one of those rented postage meters?.. Any easier way?

Charity

Re: How do you guys handle postage? - Posted by asdf

Posted by asdf on December 11, 2000 at 16:46:39:

Look into one of those coupon books that local advertisers use in your area.

Re: postage - Posted by billW.

Posted by billW. on December 09, 2000 at 16:45:04:

Charity, two ideas come to mind. First, buy prestamped post cards at the post office and have a printer print your message on them. Then just mail them out.
Second, make a deal with your local pizza parlor or other business (Real estate office, etc.) and have a small discount coupon or ad printed on thee card along with your message. Have the pizza place pay for the postage if you do all the legwork, printing and mailing. It might work if you go with a pizza parlor that delivers all over the area where you will mail the cards.

tweaking your pizza delivery idea - Posted by osirus

Posted by osirus on December 09, 2000 at 22:50:02:

Once upon I worked delivering pizzas. The store owner often split the cost of couponing with with various groups and organizations. Basically it worked like this. Some group would print their ad on 2/3 of the flyer and the bottom 1/3 was reservered for the pizza stores ad. Printing cost were split and the drivers took a flyer with each delivery.

Hope thus helps

Re: tweaking your pizza delivery idea - Posted by Brent-IL

Posted by Brent-IL on December 10, 2000 at 14:54:33:

Would the fact that the pizza buyers tend to be repeat customers affect the effectiveness of the campaign? Or, do you think the repetition helps?

Re: tweaking your pizza delivery idea - Posted by osirus

Posted by osirus on December 13, 2000 at 13:30:39:

“Would the fact that the pizza buyers tend to be repeat customers affect the effectiveness of the campaign? Or, do you think the repetition helps?”

I think that it would not be any less effective than any other piece of junk mail advertisement. The key is that must pizza places are are specific. Therefore, you can target specific areas by choosing pizza places that deliver in your target neighborhood.

Plus you can ask drivers to notyfy you about any FSBO of junker houses in exchange for a finder’s fee.

Good point. Thanks. NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on December 13, 2000 at 14:54:17:

NT

Re: tweaking your pizza delivery idea - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on December 13, 2000 at 13:42:45:

I don’t think the Pizza man is going to have the kind of motivation to look for homes for you. Do you think?

On the other hand, what he might do is pass out flyers for you while he is dropping of the pizza.

The next question would be, “how many stops does one person make per day?”

NOw if this works well you can also expand the idea to include those weekly paper delivery boys. Why not have them drop your flyer next to the paper. Give him 20 bucks and a box of ice cream.

Cheaper?

Houserookie