Holiday Party Networking - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by lyal on December 14, 2000 at 07:13:26:

Tony, Excellent idea as usual! I like the presentation part. Soooo important to build those networks.

Last year I delivered fruit baskets to PM’s and dealers that I had worked with over the year and the response was tremendous. The increased comfort level was evident this year.
Periodically I drop off mall gift certificates (thanking them for “putting up with me”)to the secretaries in the park offices. If I need them to keep a key handy or keep an eye on things its no problem.
I must add that your idea takes this to a whole new level. I can see where it might open a door into some of the “tough” parks too.

Holiday Party Networking - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on December 13, 2000 at 05:55:52:

Tis’ the season!

When looking back upon the posts that have made their way down the screen, a common theme appears. The posts may say it in different ways, but the theme remains the same. “Take care of the park Manager!”

Now is a great time of year to do just that. If you have an established Lonnie business, now is a great time to be certain that your next year will be as good, or better than the last.

Here is an idea we are trying this year. We are throwing a “company Christmas party” at a local restaurant. We sent out invitations and invited the park managers we work with, their assistants and spouses. We are treating for dinner and making a few, small presentations.

The theme of the party is to thank each and everyone one of them for their assistance to our company. The invitations alone provided us with a flurry of referrals.

It is our intent to mix a bit of business with pleasure at the party. The pleasure will be the nice meal shared and bonding conversations, not only between us and the PM’s, but between the parks. For business, I will spend a few moments reminding everyone involved, just how our business operates. I want to solicit their suggestions on how we may better serve their business and ours. I want to make certain that everyone is on the same page. I want the parks managers to leave with the impression that our company is very friendly and family like.

For new investors, a nice Christmas card, gift certificate or maybe a nice pizza delivery might get your foot in the door.

The point of this post is to recognize those who deserve our appreciation. Take some time during these holidays to treat your park managers well and show them a nice time. I feel confident that these efforts will be justily rewarded.

Happy Holidays,

Tony-VA

SUPER Idea! Smart thinking Tony (nt) - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on December 14, 2000 at 12:51:17: