Hey, What if...... - Posted by RP

Posted by Rich-CA on November 29, 2007 at 19:25:04:

Title fees vary from state to state and company to company. To get a price for your area, contact a Title company and ask them (First American, Old Chicago, etc.).

Once they start working on a Title search, they will expect to be paid for their work. They are not party to your deal and you will owe them for work to be done. While they are often paid out of escrow, this is a convenience and has nothing to do with whether or not you owe them the money.

Hey, What if… - Posted by RP

Posted by RP on November 28, 2007 at 20:30:52:

I’m a newbie wholesaler and I just thought of this.

What if after I get a property under contract and I then begin a title search what if I dont have any luck getting the property sold? Now I’m sure if i got a good enough deal this shouldnt be a problem but what if? How much does a title search cost and about how much could i expect to be out if this happened?

thanks!

Re: Hey, What if… - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on November 28, 2007 at 21:51:49:

What are you expecting to get from your Title search? It has nothing to do with pricing, but your post seems to indicate that is where your problem is.

what I need to know is… - Posted by RP

Posted by RP on November 29, 2007 at 18:56:26:

What I’m wondering is how much a title search costs and what if I pay to begin a title search and i dont happen to be able to assign my deal. How much can I expect to be out for a title searh fee?