HELP! Recently Divorced, Must Sell! - Posted by Barbara Bond

Posted by Jim IL on June 20, 2001 at 14:07:29:

Barbara,
Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Read EVERYTHING here you can, the “How to?” articles, the "“Money making ideas”, and the newsgroup posts.
You can try to sell this home yourself and make some money at it, probably more than an investor will pay you.
But, if you are not comfortable with doing this yourself, there surely has to be someone in your area who can help.
Take a look in the newspaper classified section for people advertising that they “Buy houses”, call them up.
Check the listings here for a Real Estate investors club in your area. Gather the contact info and go to a meeting. Talk to people there about selling your home.

You may even give some numbers here for your situation, and let us take a crack at some ideas for you.
What is the home worth?
How do you know that?
What is owed?
Any repairs needed?
What can you get for market rent on it?
(look in the paper, call some RE agents/brokers, talk to rental management companies, and check the local housing authority for this info.)
How much cash do you need to move on?
What expenses are related to the home?
Insurance? Taxes? Utilities?
Assocaition dues?
Any back payments owed? Back taxes?

Quite a bit of info to gather, but it will help.
If you want to, even though I am a bit busy trying to get packed to move out of state in a few days, you may e-mail me off the board and I’d be happy to correspond with you there or on the phone and see if I can help in anyway.

Take care,
Jim IL…soon to be “Jim FL” (Holy cow, 9 more days til we leave…yikes!)

HELP! Recently Divorced, Must Sell! - Posted by Barbara Bond

Posted by Barbara Bond on June 20, 2001 at 10:10:01:

My name is Barbara Bond. I recently got divorced and need help selling my house. I have 4 kids. Right now almost all my money goes to the house payment and I need to get out from under the payment with a enough money for a down payment on a place I can afford with my kids. If you can help please, please e-mail me. If you know of anyone or have any ideas please, please let me know. I’m getting desperate and refuse to file bankruptcy or let the mortgage company foreclose on me. I have quite a bit of equity in the house and am willing to give up some of it if I can get out from under it with enough for a down payment on something that I can afford.

I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico in the Supper Rock Park area which is in the foothills. My home is approximately 3000 square feet. It is a very nice house and I hate to leave it but I have no choice. Please let me know if you can help or if anyone you know can!

Re: HELP! Recently Divorced, Must Sell! - Posted by RobertNM

Posted by RobertNM on June 20, 2001 at 23:59:13:

I can help! 933-4834
webuycasas@aol.com