HELP, I lost my address book! - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by JT - IN on July 09, 2001 at 07:26:36:

Jim (FL):

Glad to hear the move went almost unscathed, and that you made it to your new home safe and sound. Also, let me congratulate you on your obedience to your wifes commands, and running out ot get the new puter. Good boy!

“Homevesters” is a franchise operation, located in Dallas, and for a $ 25 or 35K fee, they will teach you everything that you already know, and give you national prominence, advertising, etc. It may work for some, but not necessary, as we know.

The central FL mkt will not ever be the same, as when you get cranked up to do some dealin. We will look forward to hearing some great things real soon. Congrats and enjoy the excitement of the new surroundings, especially the pool; splash!

Best to you in Fla., from SE Indiana.

JT - IN

HELP, I lost my address book! - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on July 08, 2001 at 22:21:15:

Hello all,
Well, as you can see by my “Handle”, I am now in Florida, and getting ready to crank up my buying machine.
I spent the last week or so getting here, and unpacking, as well as watching my wife shop til she dropped to replace the things we sold to move lighter.
I got my new cable modem connection up and running, and was extremely happy about that, except I was still using my old computer.
After talking to my lovely wife one night about my lack of speed, she said, “Jim, a new computer would be a business expense, and I don’t want you to short change that, so go get a new one.”
And being the good husband that I am, always listening to my wife, I went straight to my new local computer store and bought a custom built system.
I moved all my data (so I thought) from the old system to the new one, and sold the old one.
Of course before selling it, I re-formatted the hard drive, only to discover later that same day that I had lost my address book for my e-mail client.
So, if anyone here has corresponded with me in the past, PLEASE send me a new e-mail so I can add you to my new address book.
This is why I’ve been out of touch.

As for the move, it was “The move from hell”, but it is over, and we are ready to get going with the business here.
Moving with 8 cats, yes, I said “8”, and a large puppy (Shephard/labrador mix. with TONS of energy) was certainly a challenge.

I’ll be ordering some new bandit signs this week, and since they will not be in for a little while, we went to Walmart and bought supplies to make a few home made signs to get started.
Another REI from here was kind enough to pass along a few leads, and I expect to be meeting with some sellers early this coming week.
My business cards, flyers and door hangers will be here by the end of this week as well.
And, thnakfully, my old magnetic car signs used vinyl letters, so we are simply changing the number on those to our new one.
The house we are in now is PERFECT for us, and my kids love being able to swim every day so far. The weather has been HOT, and we like it that way.

I am a bit blown away at the cost of things here, it is certainly much less than what we were used to up north.
Gas alone is at least $.40 - $.50 / gallon cheaper.
The bad news is that it looks like I’ll be headed back to Illinois later this month to go to court and evict some of my tenants there.
Apprently they all felt since I was leaving the state, they could either blow off paying rent, or pay late. Guess again, soon to be ex-tenants!!!
I hope to sell those homes as soon as they are vacant, and use that cash to market here. Lots of marketing!!
I want CASH FLOW, and marketing is the only way to get that, right?

I noticed today a bill board for “Homevestors inc.” in my area. Anyone know who or what they are?
Their ad said, “We buy UGLY houses!”
I am already checking on getting some bill boards for us put out.

A lot to do, and I am TOTALLY psyched up about it.
Cannot wait to write here about our second Florida deal. (since the one we live in counts in my book as the first.)

Hope all is well with you all, and take care,
Jim FL

HomeVestors - Posted by DickFL

Posted by DickFL on July 09, 2001 at 19:10:33:

Jim, HomeVestors is a franchise. Check their site at www.homevestors.com. They have billboards all over my town (St. Petersburg).

Re: HELP, I lost my address book! - Posted by Monique

Posted by Monique on July 09, 2001 at 14:12:43:

Jim,

Please keep posting about your progress in getting launched in a new market.

I’ve always found the Robert Allen’s observation about our business – “drop me in any town in the USA and I can buy houses there quickly” – very liberating. That what we do is so transferrable, and still so profitable, is just tremendous. It beats trying to “interview” for a job in a new city any day.

MoniqueUSA

ps: You can pull my email off the header.

Re: HELP, I lost my address book! - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on July 09, 2001 at 10:43:31:

Congratulations on the move, Jim. Hope everything goes well for you in your new market. I’ll have to give you a call sometime soon to discuss coming out to visit.

Any way, you can grab my e-mail address here. Talk to you soon.