Help!! Changing jobs... - Posted by Kevin(OK)

Posted by Hugh Bromma on November 18, 1998 at 15:44:14:

Yes we do the IRA administration for IRA’s and qualified plans. Take a look at our web site at or call us at 800 392 9653.

Help!! Changing jobs… - Posted by Kevin(OK)

Posted by Kevin(OK) on October 21, 1998 at 09:57:54:

…and I will have to roll over my current 401K into an IRA. Can I roll my 401K into a self directed “Roth” IRA and use the money in my RE investing? If so, what restrictions would apply? Can I still pull out cash flow or profit from a RE deal, or does all of my cash flow or profit have to go back into the IRA? Any other ideas about what to do with this $$?



Re: Help!! Changing jobs… - Posted by Don (Silicon Valley)

Posted by Don (Silicon Valley) on October 21, 1998 at 13:28:32:


I had the same questions…my understanding is that you can rollover into a self-directed IRA (not necessarily a Roth) and do whatever RE investing you want, but all gains have to stay in the IRA.

I found a really wide variation in fees for self-directed IRA’s, so check around. One place I asked had fees in the thousands…they admitted up front that their company focus was on investors with a quarter million and up.

You might want to look at for starters…they’re in San Francisco. They have an “Unlimited IRA Plus”…their name for the IRA used to hold mortgages, trust deeds and notes. The fees look pretty reasonable at $100 minimum account, $25 setup, and .3% of asset value ($75 min) annual maintenance.