Hello Everyone! - Posted by Baltimore BirdDog

Posted by phil fernandez on January 22, 1999 at 20:10:12:

How Bout Dan Fink,

You’ve got two of the best flippers that I know about in Baltimore in Dan and Steve Cook.

Hello Everyone! - Posted by Baltimore BirdDog

Posted by Baltimore BirdDog on January 22, 1999 at 16:55:28:

Before I started posting questions to this site, I just thought I’d introduce myself and give everyone a little background.

Someday I’ll write the full story, but about nine months ago, I started to get sick of putting forth 110% working for someone else and watching the majority of the fruits of my labor go into my employer’s pocket. So, after watching the Russ Whitney and the Carleton Sheets infomercials for the zillionth time, I picked up a copy of Tyler Hicks’ How to Make a Million Dollars in Real Estate in Three Years. Not the best resource, but not the worst either. It did start the wheels turning. I started to think “Why not? If other people can do it, then so can I.” That was my first step in overcoming all of the negative programming we’ve all endured since birth (“You need to have money to make money,” “You need to know the right people to become rich” “You need to be in the right place at the right time” Blah blah blah).

After 28 years, I was starved for information about this newfound path to financial freedom. I felt like I had discovered a whole new world known only to those who have dared to explore it. My next read was Wade Cook’s Real Estate for Real People. Then the classic Nothing Down for the 90’s by Robert Allen. Then Whitney’s Building Wealth. About ten books and a Russ Whitney weekend seminar later (which, by the way, was pretty good (but from what I’ve heard, not as good as the CRE Online Convention!)), here I am. I discovered this site about a week ago, and I’ve spent every available minute on it ever since (reading posts, printing articles, etc.). I’ve finally found my mentors.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. To all of the investors who contribute their experience and time to this site?THANK YOU. Even before I’ve done my first deal or asked my first question, I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have an honest, ethical, hard-working group of experts to approach with questions as I take my first steps toward a full time investing career. It is extremely generous of you to offer your time and advice to us newcomers. I know your reward is our success, and I’ll keep you informed of every last one. All that being said, I’ve got a few questions to be answered, so here goes nothing?

Jeremy (Baltimore, MD)

Re: Well Put! - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on January 22, 1999 at 17:07:25:

Jeremy, I’ve been on this board for a little over a year, and I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve been helped by the people that frequent this board. I doubt I would have completed even my first deal if it wasn’t for the help and encouragement here.

Welcome.

Stacy (AZ)

P.S. If you’re a BirdDog, I’m sure Baltimore’s own Steve Cook (SCook85) would like to speak to you!

Re: Hello Everyone! - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on January 22, 1999 at 17:05:50:

Jeremy,
I took the plunge about 7 months ago. Go for it and good luck.

SCook85