Has ANY GURU ever partnered a deal with you - Posted by Russ

Posted by Stan on October 14, 1998 at 11:55:58:

I saw that one of the Authors on this site
offers to do a deal with you, if you buy his one
on one training. Is this also a gimmick?

Has ANY GURU ever partnered a deal with you - Posted by Russ

Posted by Russ on October 13, 1998 at 11:09:25:

I keep reading and hearing about people who will “buy your deal”. They sell you training and then buy your property finds. I know that is one of the charges that McCorkle is facing – Promising and not doing. But have Nationwide or Whitney or who ever ever helped you buy a deal. I want responses from people who have done the deal, not I heard my uncle knew a guy whose sister…

Russ

It’s just a sales gimmick - always has been - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on October 14, 1998 at 24:32:15:

Anyone will partner with you or put up cash for a good deal. This whole gimmick started long ago as a sales pitch. One of the first examples was an attorney teaching about mortgages that would throw in a “line of credit” with the purchase of his course. People ran to the back table.

This is no different than the people running down the isle trying to get the hundred dollar bill out of Jim Banks, Dave Deldotto, or Ed Beckley’s hand. In the fired up frenzy - they buy the course (and get a hundred dollar discount).

If one of these guys ever does buy a deal from you, great - but it rarely, if ever happens. One self proclaimed “Guru” of the paper business offered the same deal years ago. I watched for years and only met one person that ever sold him a deal. She said she would never go near him again as long as she lived.

Do not buy a course, do a deal or make a financial decision because of a claim of someone buying a deal from you. The “Multi-millionaire needs bird-dogs” is no more real than Mr. Roarke on “Fantasy Island”. The sad news about this world is I saw Ricardo Montalbon on a talk show one night and he said people literally do come up to him and ask him to grant their fantasy.

Re: Has ANY GURU ever partnered a deal with you - Posted by Tim Conde

Posted by Tim Conde on October 13, 1998 at 23:56:55:

No offense, but I think you are wasting your time. Most of the
requirements for their participation are so difficult to attain
that they are virtually impossible. And ask yourself this: If I
had a pot full of money, but no time to look for deals, why wouldn’t
I want Realtors out scouring the earth for deals for me? Realtors
(whether you like them or not) have access to many more investment
opportunities than people off the street, trained or not. And if I
knew, or at least believed, that an association with you was going to
make money for me, I wouldn’t charge you a dime. I’d just be happy we
were pals.