Great Lunch And Great Advice JHYRE - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on July 11, 2001 at 07:10:21:

OK

I will do the brisket. I know John is busy with his company for the next two weeks, but the weekends??

Tell me what is best for yall. John, Jim?, Tim? Alan? anyone else?

Not sure how the neighbors will go for the karate kicks at 3 AM. Gotta start prepping them…

Great Lunch And Great Advice JHYRE - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on July 10, 2001 at 22:37:04:

It has been said time and time again to get to know the players.

Find someone who is doing what you want to be doing and get to know them.

I have had a great time doing just that with the likes of Jim Kennedy, Jackie Lange, David Alexander, William (or Bill??) Tingle, Phil Fernandez and many others.

Talking one to one with the likes of a Joe Kaiser and Bill Bronchick have also been the highlight of my short venture into this great field.

I was able to spend just a short hour lunch with John Hyre and man let me tell you what.

For a lawyer and a CPA he has got it going on. I think he is a lawyer, my questions were more toward the CPA side. He had so much knowledge on so many different topics he is probably both.

I have tried to find a GOOD CPA here, and yes we have Yeiter, but John is able to explain things that even I can understand.

Not only that but he kicked my rear to do some paperwork I had been putting off.

His tone of “I will hound you till it is done” rang in my ears all the way home. Guess what I did when I got home??

Any way, if you ever get the chance to grab his ear DO IT.

I had the pleasure of listening to John and Piper talking late into the evening at the convention. That was great.

This was one on one. SUPER MAN. Though if Piper or Kennedy or any others had been there I would have enjoyed that as well. ERIC in AUSTIN, When’s the next get together?? My place Bar B Que???

Any way just some thoughts on a super lunch.

Rest assured… - Posted by JHyre in TexOhio

Posted by JHyre in TexOhio on July 11, 2001 at 12:47:32:

that I’ve gotten at least as much in return from y’all (there’s the encroaching Texas accent!) as I’ve put out. Thanks for the kind words…see everybody at Terry’s on Sunday…mmmmmm, brisket! And now, back to “editing” bandit signs, err, I mean practicing tax law!

John Hyre

Re: Great Lunch And Great Advice JHYRE - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on July 11, 2001 at 08:49:06:

Hey Terry,

I had the pleasure of sitting down and having lunch with John Hyre at the Dallas convention a couple of years ago. I certainly walked away with some new ideas from a tax expert.

It was nice seeing John again this past convention in Atlanta. He knows his stuff.

Sunday!!??? Piper?? Phil? Guru? - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on July 11, 2001 at 07:19:14:

OK John has Sunday open. WHo else? Houston area Creonline party.

William “Guru” get off of vacation and come on down. Of course this could start Saturday and continue till…

Man gotta go wake up the wife and tell her as man of the house what decisions I have made. Wonder how far across town I can get this morning and call her??? :slight_smile:

We will toast a drink to JP and Terry in Cali as I am sure they could not make it on short notice.

I had some last minute - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on July 11, 2001 at 01:07:28:

stuff… show it’s ungly head and missed the Austin meeting…

I normally make it a rule to have NO REGRETS…

Can’t say that this time…

Sorry I missed you all down there.

Terry if you or Jim K. will cook (you dont want me to,Lol), I’ll buy the beer and food for as many that will come.

How about a day thing Investor talk, good food, maybe some volleyball or something.

David Alexander

Hyre’s picture is on a milkcarton in Columbus - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on July 11, 2001 at 24:05:40:

MISSING SINCE APRIL 9, 2001. HAVE YOU SEEN THIS LAWYER?

Terry,

If you’re done with John, please send him home to Ohio where he belongs. He’s been gone a very long time. We miss him.

Karl Kleiner

Party? hmmmm… where’s that vacation calendar? - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on July 11, 2001 at 18:22:47:

…actually, I DID just get back from a Fourth of July mini vacation at Hilton Head, SC, and let me give all of my fellow investors a little Summertime tip…

…DO NOT fall asleep in your beach chair at high noon, on the beach, without putting on sunscreen.

OUCH!!

Probably not this week Terry, but count me in for sometime soon.

You Dealmaker, you. LOL