Graywolf Consulting - Posted by Ramune

Posted by RI Investor on December 05, 2006 at 21:40:14:

I am almost positive ramune is victors wife. b careful.

Graywolf Consulting - Posted by Ramune

Posted by Ramune on September 10, 2002 at 21:28:53:

I was told that if I ask a question this would be a good place to get an answer. I have heard a lot about a company called Graywolf Consulting in Chicago. Can anyone tell me how to reach them. I would like to get into real estate investing and from what I understand I am in a perfect position to do so. Any help would be great. ThanX.

Ramune

Gut feel—hmmmmm…Okay - Posted by Kent C

Posted by Kent C on September 12, 2002 at 19:38:51:

I spoke with Victor a few weeks back. I sensed immediately he was a small operation. This doesnt bother me. HE spoke well and intelligibly. He is in essence birddogging for remote investors thru his Chicago area. Although for the lawyers …he IS consulting (grin).

I sympathise with his plight of not being able to out right charge you $1500 to get you deal. So he has to charge a “consulting fee”. So be it, this does not bother me. But I want guaranteed results for a fee (or at least quantifiably good odds). I would need some verification of dealings past.

What he is really selling is a network or system that enables an investor to remotely buy, rehab and sell homes in the greater Chiocago area.

I give him cudos for innovation and his method of selling it. I dont have a clue as to whether his network is well established. I can tell he is small op from the archived posts. Although he claims 18 yrs experience, he has been doing THIS venture only about 6 months. This is discernable by posts of last Dec from others inquiring for investmetns and such. In these he gave info towards other investment avenues and hard monies. By Mar his postings start speaking personably to inquire of him offline.

He is a one stop shop. Find a house. Then puts you in touch with rehabbers (that get blacklisted if they dont complete within 10 days as agreed). Complete rehab to be done in 30 days. Then he gives tips on where and how to advertise as he cant without being a broker. But he counsels you along the way.

I can see him skirting the broker issue, and from my take it sounds legally. The birddogging issue being the crux.

His premise is based on his market being very hot with more deals than any one person can handle (he does them himself too). After-rehab profits in his area more akin to $40k plus as opposed to $20k in my area.

Once again. I dont know how good his network is. His value hinges on this one aspect. But I like his style. He may have something here. At the very least he SHOULD have a workable idea here…if he stays honest. Remote Deals are risky.

I give him a cautious thumbs up. Did I buy into it? Nope. I dont give $1500 up front to nobody. I understand he doesnt want it to look like brokering but there has to be a better way to make me feel secure since I dont know anyone vouching for him as yet.

Basically you use your credit to make money for the both of you.

Kent C

Re: Graywolf Consulting - Posted by Rafiq

Posted by Rafiq on September 11, 2002 at 08:46:39:

Ramune,

Be very careful with this company. My partners and I made a personal trip to Chicago to see if this company was for real or not. What we found was a one man shop being run by Mr. Victor Lopez who has an office inside a mortgage company on the third floor of an office building.

The mortgage company looks very professional, however, not knowing that we had already visited this office, Mr. Lopez insisted that we conduct our business in the parking lot and to write a check for $1,500 out to him directly rather then to his supposed company. He had his assistant, femal, run in to make copies of our file while he finished with us out side.

Needless to say he didn’t get any money and we haven’t heard from him since. His fee is $1,500 per deal plus whatever closing costs there are.

As I said, be careful.

Rafiq

Re: Graywolf Consulting - Posted by Matt (MPD) IL

Posted by Matt (MPD) IL on September 11, 2002 at 04:33:00:

Ramune,
I can’t tell you from any personal experience with Graywolf but I can tell you to check with the OBRE website. There have been judgements against either the company, the owners and also some associates.

Do your homework as you are doing before getting involved with anyone.

Just my .02

Matt

Re: Gut feel—hmmmmm…Okay - Posted by Ramune

Posted by Ramune on September 13, 2002 at 22:50:51:

Kent,
I had an opportunity to do a great deal of research on both Graywolf and his company. One of his references led me to a mortgage broker who back in 1984 worked for Wells Fargo Bank. I was told he was the first to finance Graywolf clients, in addition to this I have spoken with three of his clients that have been with him for at least 6 years. After receiving this information I felt good about doing bussines with Graywolf. I set up an apointment to sign up and he was in his office at that time and I had a chance to meet him. Within 2 hours I had my first deal with a aproval for my financing, so far this sounds good to me. I believe that eventually I would have learned all of these things I just don’t think I would want to wait a couple of years before I get to the point I am at now. Let’s see how it goes.

Ramune

Re: Graywolf Consulting - Posted by Ramune

Posted by Ramune on September 11, 2002 at 15:57:44:

Thank You for you response to my post, I received your response early this morning and I have taken the time to do a little research. I also received an email from a couple of people that have done bussines with graywolf. So far I have not found any negative information regarding this company, I will continue to research this company. I actually got the phone number to the attorney that represents graywolf. His name is John Marrone and he only has good things to say about graywolf. I look forward to getting started in this bussines.

Ramune

Re: Graywolf Consulting - Posted by Ramune

Posted by Ramune on September 11, 2002 at 16:11:15:

Thank You for your response. I am a real estate agent in a local remax office. So I thought it was important that I look into the information you have posted here. I have spoken with a couple of people that have actually closed deals with graywolf and they continue to do bussines with this company. One of them refered me to graywolf’s attorney John Marrone and I had an opportunity to speak with him. I asked him about the graywolf situation with OBRE, apperently graywolf gave 18 deals to a single real estate agent all within a 1 week period of time.At that time graywolf consulting charged it’s consulting fees after the deal closed. The OBRE viewed this as graywolf collecting a fee as a direct result of the real estate closing. And the OBRE concidered this birddoging. And felt that graywolf consulting was acting as a real estate agent without a license. Mr. Marrone had assured me that this was not the case. I was unaware that birddoging was against the OBRE rules. So in my opinion the only thing that this proves to me is that graywolf consulting closes a lot of deals. So far graywolf sounds ok to me, but I still intend to do my homework.

Ramune

Re: Graywolf Consulting - Posted by Austin

Posted by Austin on September 11, 2002 at 16:28:43:

It sounds like you’ve already made you decision. Good luck.